Options
Although I am not new at attempting and managing weight loss, I am new to this website. I like what I see so far. I hope that I can keep up with logging everything daily.

Replies

• jabladybug
    jabladybug Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined too and I think its going to help me alot. It sure makes you realize how much calories you consume without realizing it.
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Welcome to the both of you:flowerforyou:
  • babyloncrow
    Options
    Just joined this week too!

My biggest issue is that we don't consume enough calories. Sure, if you eat out, or eat processed food you get plenty of calories, but if you slim down everything (eat more raw fruits and veggies, cook fresh foods at home, and no more eating out or snacking on cookies, etc.) you have to eat a LOT to keep from putting your body in starvation mode at 1200 calories. Its been so hard to eat more that I've actually cried over it. I've always been told by family to just eat less to lose weight, and though starvation never worked, its hard to get that thinking out of my head.

And boy, it is difficult to keep sodium intake down, I love this site because you can see exactly what you're putting into your body and why your body is reacting the way it does (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, blood sugar issues). Just starting, but its going to be a good challenge to find ways to lower sodium intake, and keep caloric intake above 1200 calories.

I'm approaching the logging of everything like I do paying bills, and budgeting. Its something I have to do to keep the bank happy with us, and our creditors from being angry with us.. well, I have to budget calories, fat, etc. so that my body won't be unhappy. When I put it like that, in my mind it helps me sit down and record what I'm eating. And it helps me plan out what TO eat. My husband is loving that aspect of the site!

Good luck to you all, I hope we all reach our goals and that we can live healthier lives!
  • miss_voodoo
    Options
    Hi!!! I just joined yesterday. Tryin to lose half a stone for my friends wedding then another half a stone after that for my summer holidays. It gonna be tough! Although i think this website is BRILLIANT! I have always counted calories and i have never thought about anything else in foods like fat and carbs - it suprising how much fat are in some foods. Anyway Good Luck everyone! :bigsmile: xx
  • tjh414
    tjh414 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm TJ just joined. Want to start eating healthy and just feeling better about myself.. I do suffer from depression and anxiety so that was a big part of my weight gain. Taking one day at a time. Could use a friend.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Hi Im rather new also I started on the 1st of March. I'm rather large but I find this site mighty handy I log in my breakfast lunch and Dinner in the morning,(I know what I'm Going to eat in advance). Then I know how many calories I have to play with for the rest of the day and I have no surprises. So far I have lost 22 pounds. Good luck to all
  • utopiadream02
    Options
    Me and a friend just joined! A friend referred me to this site! Nice and organized and Im ready to get in shape and start a new healthy lifestyle! Need some friends, befriend me! :)