Very Upset...

Options
Guys... before the holidays I weighed 158. I finally got into the 150's! Now, on January 1st, 2013, I weight 166... I'm obsessing over this and it's all I can think about. :sad: I don't expect any kind of specific answer... I kinda just needed to post what I feel.

Guess I'm just gonna have to work harder.

16950687.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• danah03
    Options
    Hey! If I was to guess, I bet most of us here gained a few pounds over the holidays! Please don't beat yourself up over it!! It could lead to more backsliding. : ( The good thing is that you know what to do to lose the weight so just get back on the wagon and steer yourself in that direction! Weight loss is NOT an easy thing (for most of us!!) Hang in there friend!! You WILL meet your goal!!
  • zoeyjane138
    Options
    i understnd your feeling.... after being in the gym most of 2010 and part of 2011, i lost 16lbs in 15 months...i have hypthyroidism, so its very difficult for me to loose.. due to a health issue that left my with facial paralisis and nerve pain for close to 6 months i stopped going in march of 2011, and from then until december of 2012 gained almost 30lbs. finally being at my heaviest point ever i decided somthing had to be done. so i have finally gotten my thyroid under control with my medication, and decided to give it another go. my dr told me to stick to a 1200 cal a day diet, i thought i would starve at first, but most days its hard for me to hit 1200... some days i go over, but usually try and keep it at 1200-1400.. i have eliminated all fast food, and as much processed as possible. drinking only water and unsweet tea w/ lemon. i am down 14lbs in 3 weeks.. 1 pants size, and 1 shirt size. i am so happy... i havent gotten back into the gym yet, working out doesnt cause as much of a problem for me, as keeping on track with my food... but i can definately sympathize w/you about the scale.. i weigh almost everyday, even tho i shouldnt... but sum days i can be 6 or 7 lbs heavier, than the day before... just get back on track. everyone has their days and moments where they "slip up" one moment in time doesnt define you, its your journey as a whole.. :) lifestyle changes are not easy.... but with time and practice it becomes easier... :)
  • kenziebmac
    kenziebmac Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your inspiration and kind words. :flowerforyou:

zoeyjane your story was very helpful and I'm glad you shared it with me.
    I'm very happy to know I'm not the only one struggling right now and with motivation we will all make it this year :)

Today I drank 8 cups of water and ate a nice healthy meal. :smokin:

Good luck to you guys!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
    Kenzie
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I so understand. It's such an accomplishment and then you feel it's dashed away.

But it's got to be mostly water and bloat. You couldn't possibly have gained that. Give it a week, drink lots of water, and walk a lot.

Good luck and keep going!
  • RockstarPunch
    RockstarPunch Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:flowerforyou: holidays are over, you'll go back down:noway: no more excuses about having to eat sweets and rich food:glasses: be patient and dont be too hard on yourself
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I gain that (and more) over four days at Christmas. I started back on MFP on Saturday and it's mostly gone now - which shows it was mainly water and my "food" baby.

Just calm down, eat well, drink plenty of water and you'll see the scales shifting soon :)
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    We all gain and lose, it's a journey. Just make an effort every day to reach your goal; you'll get there!! :wink:
  • bryaniefreeman3
    Options
    haven't got much money and iv got a little boy to feed ect aswell so cant afford the gym ect an cant afford manny healthy family meals has anyone got any ideas of healthy family meals that dont cost much and some exersizes to do whith my 2 yr old xxx
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 8 pounds heavier than I was a year ago and I have been TRYING! March 1st I started dieting and going to the gym faithfully. Lost 8 or 9 lbs then fell off the wagon in the summer. Now I'm in sister's wedding and lady measured me wrong because my dress is too tight. I'm BACK on the wagon and this time MUST get results and stick to eating healthy. Add me if you;d like and we can go through this together!
  • codylee98
    codylee98 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting what many of us are going through! Like everyone else said, don't keep going off the deep end, just drink lots of water and you'll be back in the 150's in no time!!
  • Beveridge322
    Options
    Just remember: It's not what you do or don't do in the 6 weeks from Thanksgiving to New Years. It's what you do or don't do in the 46 weeks from New Years to Thanksgiving.

Dust yourself off and have at it once again.
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    Ha! I went up ten pounds to but I figure it's okay. Lesson learned. We know what we need to do to get it back off and there is no time like the present to get started! You can do this. Who-hoo.
  • Poupet
    Poupet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are not going to believe this but the same exact numbers happened to me over the holidays! I felt the same way, finally got to the 150's, and just like that felt like I was pushing the 170's again. It's very discouraging but it has been a pattern for me every year during the holiday season. I tried to console myself by looking at the big picture and the opportunity ahead.....if I can lose 2 pounds each week, by the end of January I will be back on track, and if I can continue on that road i will be 150 by the end of February. This year I will vow to enjoy the holidays while continuing to exercise and eat more sensibly in an effort to avoid such a big weight gain. Hang in there, just get back on track and you will be back to the 150's before you know it!
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Guys... before the holidays I weighed 158. I finally got into the 150's! Now, on January 1st, 2013, I weight 166... I'm obsessing over this and it's all I can think about. :sad: I don't expect any kind of specific answer... I kinda just needed to post what I feel.

Guess I'm just gonna have to work harder.

16950687.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    [/quo

Hear where you are coming fro, loud and clear!
    Totally empathsise with you.
    I was going great, for me, until 3 1/2 weeks overseas with family for Christmas, not logging food,and not getting daily exercise that I was, i feel certain I have gone backwards, yet to weigh in as only home 32 hours and not my weigh in day........................
    However, feel proud, you have done it before, you therefore KNOW that you CAN do it, and you WILL do it again, so feel energised, new Year, great new start, go get it and best of luck!
    Hope to see a happy follow up post from you soon:flowerforyou:
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that weight loss is not linear, as much as we'd like it to be. We all have fluctuations. I think the best thing you can do is try to pinpoint WHY you gained so much weight. Did you just plain overeat? Lesson learned and time to get back on the wagon. Is it possibly just water weight? Watch your sodium intake and be sure to drink more water.

It's easy to fall into the self-pity trap but it's something you really want to learn to avoid. Own your mistakes, if you've made them, and promise yourself to do better the next time food and drink are plentiful. Remember how you feel today because it'll help you avoid making the same mistake in the future.

I have a couple of extra pounds to shed myself after a few days of indulging and fighting a cold. I made myself run 6.8 miles today, blowing my nose all the way. I feel much better for it. :)
  • islandgirl3333
    islandgirl3333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This was just the thread I needed today . I too gained over the Christmas eating fest! 6.6 pounds to be exact. I am now on day 2 of refocusing. Thanks everyone who replied here, it was all good stuff. I can do this!
  • kenziebmac
    kenziebmac Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    All this motivation is so asdfghjkl;' I seriously didn't expect so much.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Why I love this website.

You guys are amazing.
  • jjolynmill
    jjolynmill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    As you said, you have lost weight before. So, you know how to handle it. I gained also and was very pissed off at myself. Time to get back to it. Can't change where I am but I can change where I am going.
  • LivingJuicy
    LivingJuicy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try also to remember that weight you put on fast comes off pretty fast too. You're gonna knock those pounds off in no time!
  • marieannef56
    Options
    You know five years ago I quit smoking and plumented up with my weight I say it is so much like smoking everytime we lose when we gain it back it is always more than when we started But dont dispair at least u recognized it and you only have just 6 pound s to go to get in the 50 s so hang in there If you recognized it and faced it you will accomplish your goal just pat yourself on the back