Need easy meal ideas

Options
I need help with easy meal ideas that have protien and low carb. I have been off track with the holidays and I need help getting back on track. The mornings and lunch time are the hardest for me to eat healthy... I need Breakfast and Lunch ideas!!!!!!!

Replies

• mjames38
    Options
    I'm on a low carb diet and I usually eat Turkey Bacon and Scrambled Eggs or hard boiled eggs for breakfast. Lunch today was grilled chicken salad.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has some great recipes. Many can be frozen and reheated when you want it
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    This may not be low carb enough but red beans and rice is actually quick and easy.

It does require that you put the beans on to soak earlier, but it's simple enough for school nights.
    I do my brown rice in the microwave, about 1 cup rice to 2-2 1/2 cups water in a covered glass dish. I use a pack of chili seasoning mix. Nuke for 5 minutes at time, letting it set for a few between blasts. Mine usually takes three rounds in the microwave. Drain the beans and add them to rice. How much bean to how much rice is up to you. You can also add kielbasa or some sort of sausage if you like.
  • stalow
    stalow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has some great recipes. Many can be frozen and reheated when you want it

THANK YOU........

Turkey bacon and scrambled eggs sound great!
  • wjleffi
    wjleffi Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Bookmarked this site. I see some recipes I need to try SOON!
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    bump
  • Lynn_babcock
    Lynn_babcock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    How low carb? I'm generally below my weekly MFP goal that was automatically set up for me. I usually have a 100 calorie, 8 grams of fiber, Thomas English muffin with egg whites, a slice of low calorie cheese, slice of bacon for right about 200 calories.. not sure the carbs on that though.

Omelet with salsa, sour cream, and alfalfa sprouts (or broccoli sprouts are good too) is another I like to have.. that probably has a lot less carbs.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    I am a vegetarian and I get loads of protein in from this omelette: 2 regular eggs and 2 egg whites with 1/4 cup of Kraft fat free shredded cheese. It is 4 carbs total and has 31 grams of protein! So filling AND delicious.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Omelet with salsa, sour cream, and alfalfa sprouts (or broccoli sprouts are good too) is another I like to have.. that probably has a lot less carbs.

that sounds AMAZING.
    I have been looking for ways to enjoy sourcream without all of the carbs a potato gives me and this sounds incredible. Thank you for sharing!