trouble matching foods to plan

Options
I am have a problem finding foods that fill the 1200 calories without going over the 45 protein limit. It seems that verythig I enter has protein and fat.. I only have 837 calories for the day.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,126 Member
    Options
    It's perfectly fine to go over in protein and fat - just stay within your calorie goal, and eat at least 1200 net. This site has general guidelines for macros, and the protein setting (and fat too) should be viewed as a Minimum goal to reach. It's very important to eat more than 900 calories.
  • Matt_Wilken
    Options
    45 grams of protein is very low so is 1200 cals a day. How did you calculate this or did you use MFP? Also do you eat your exercise calories?
  • Carolesilva
    Carolesilva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have just started on trying lose weight. After I enter my food for the 3rd. day I have received the message stating I am not eating enough. I am supposed to eat 1200 calories. Today I was just short of 81 calories. Is it ok to go over.
  • Blourose
    Blourose Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for replying. I have been working at the 1200 calorie goal and often go over. I am focusing on the "Game On" diet recently and using this site to track everything. I am working with friends online in the Game On Challenge and most are doing very well. I have lost 6.8 lbs in the past four weeks following this plan and not as strictly as I should have. I hope to up the exercise in the coming weeks as the weather improves and lose even more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!