First time on here

Options
Hi, my name is Whitney. I'm 24 years old. I'm married and have two children. I work as a photographer and trying to get into nursing school. I want to lose about 80 lbs to feel better about myself and be a better role model for my kids. I've had the app for a while but never visited the site and haven't met any friends on here but hoping to change that :)

Replies

• lmagst
    lmagst Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello Whitney, my name is Leslie. This is my first time too. I am a 48 year old mother of three adult children and grandmother of two. I am a residential counselor working with mentally challenged adults, TSS worker working with children with autism and I am the CEO & founder of a womens' ministry,our target population are victims of domestic violence. I love what I do and who I help. I would like to lose 80lbs too. I would feel wonderful because I would be healthy.
    I have tried to do it alone, but now I'm seeking help.
    I hope that I can say something that will help you on your journey.

Have a blessed evening

Leslie
  • IWANTTOBEA10
    Options
    Good evening ladies. My name is Laura. I am a 36 yr. old mother of a 13 yr. old son. I am a Campus Police Officer at a University in Baltimore, Md. I am new here as well. I was going to join Weight Watchers for the third time and decided to try MFP. I have never counted calories and this seems like something I will be able to do on a long term basis and it's free. I have 137 lbs to lose. I want to succeed this time, I feel like me life depends on it!!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies and welcome! Anyone can add me if they like! I started here December 27 of 2011. But my official journey started jan 6th 2012! I have 56 more lbs to go before I am at goal! Last year I dropped 91 lbs! I am a 31 year old school nurse and mommy of an almost 7 year old!
  • whitney9988
    whitney9988 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone. This is my second time needing to lose weight. I gained weight a few years back after my grandma died and got rid of it in not so heathy ways. Now after having two kids I'm a lot bigger then I have ever been. This time I'd like to do it the right way. My husband also is trying to lose weight but is much easier for him because he had gastric bypass to get rid of his diabetes. It's upsetting hearing him talk about how much he's losing and I'm still not losing :/
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    feel free to add me. good luck on your journey