19 Y/O Girl doing Insanity and 1200 calories a day.

Options
Hey everyone. I am Stephanie :) I am finally taking this site seriously and I am doing insanity workout today was my second day, and I will be finishing in early March. I hope to lose alot of inches of my hips/waist/arms/ and legs. I currently weigh 175 lbs and I am 5'0. Add me as a friend or just say hello. Any advice would REALLY HELP.

:]

Replies

• Marigenous
    Options
    Hi Stephanie. I'm not doing insanity but I'm 21 and net about 1260 per day. I'm 5'4"ish and started around 170 too. I added you:)
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Go SLOWLY. Eat your exercise calories. (As HEALTHILY as possible). Set your goal higher than 1200. Start with 1300 or 1350 - give your self some room to scale back. Losing 2lbs a week is not realistic. Diet is mroe important than your workout. Good luck.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I am Stephanie :) I am finally taking this site seriously and I am doing insanity workout today was my second day, and I will be finishing in early March. I hope to lose alot of inches of my hips/waist/arms/ and legs. I currently weigh 175 lbs and I am 5'0. Add me as a friend or just say hello. Any advice would REALLY HELP.

I am 2.5 weeks in at the moment. My advice would be that you should not be afraid to up your calories if you find your workouts lacking. Insanity on 1200 calories is going to be REALLY difficult.
  • CandaceHoweth91
    Options
    2 pounds a week is very realistic. All she has to do is the work. There will be weeks where she will lose 0 and weeks where she will lose 5. I know you mean well, but it sounds a bit discouraging. I also am set at 1200 calories a day but I weigh 218. I lost 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I do eat my exercise calories, so at the the end of the day I really eat about 1800. I would love to try insanity. 1200 is low but if you go up and down all the time it will be okay.
  • paigespring
    Options
    Hello! My name is Paige! I am currently on my last week of the first month of insanity! They wern't kidding when they told us it was insane. I have already lost 8 pounds and i believe i have lost quite a few inches as well but I havent measured myself for sure. I started my weight at 165 and now am currently 157. My goal is to get to 130-135. I am also 5'4. Good luck, stay strong!
  • meganreinsch
    meganreinsch Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am on my second week of insanity. And it kicks your *kitten* :) But in a good way. I found I was extremely tired and sore after the first week but the second week seems to be going a lot better. I feel like my body is getting used to the craziness. I have heard it is a great program for not only losing weight but also for toning and muscle building.

Good Luck!

Megan
  • ewak1280
    ewak1280 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey same here! I too am on day 2 of insanity, and these legs are feeling it. Good luck, I plan to see it through to completion!

Erka
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    2 pounds a week is very realistic. All she has to do is the work. There will be weeks where she will lose 0 and weeks where she will lose 5. I know you mean well, but it sounds a bit discouraging. I also am set at 1200 calories a day but I weigh 218. I lost 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I do eat my exercise calories, so at the the end of the day I really eat about 1800. I would love to try insanity. 1200 is low but if you go up and down all the time it will be okay.

It isn't that 2lbs isn't possible, it is it isn't the best goal to have when you are first starting out sometimes. at only 1200 cals people are much more likely to binge eat because they aren't used to eating that low. If you set it at a lb a week, eat back your exercise cals and adjust as your body gets used to it, you are better off long term. The "fast as you can" attitude just doesn't work for most people...
  • HisangelG
    HisangelG Posts: 96 Member
    Options

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm Please go to the site I linked here. Enter in your correct data. Using only the information you gave us, you should be eating 2059 Calories a day (This INCLUDES your exercise calories.) IT gives extreme fat loss calories, but that is so not a good idea, but it is 1544 (Again, INCLUDES exercise calories)

The numbers include your exercise calories, so you DO NOT need to eat them back. 1200 is just way to low for you, for your age and it appears your activity level. Please consider upping your calories to at least the very minimum of 1544 so you have something to scale back on. My advice is to go with 2059 and with each 5-10 pounds you lose, use the calculator to re-figure calories.
  • stephiebrit
    Options
    Yes, I believed that this many calories is low. I am actually pretty hungry now. I have about 600 calories to spare but I think I am going to up it a few more. So how many should I up it again?
  • Carolhn11
    Options
    Hi I'm do Insanity for a month and I love it, I'm burn 2000 cal plus insanity and eat 1300 to 1500 and lose 11pounds in a month =) Good Luck and Blessings:wink:
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    I would definitely increase the calorie goal if you're doing insanity. I finished that program and it's counterproductive to consistently eat so little. At your height/weight, I would AT LEAST start at 1350 for the first month, and increase to 1500 the second month. You can scale up or down from there depending on your progress. Make sure you eat evenly throughout the day!
  • jelr
    jelr Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Umm i am doing insanity just started and they have the calorie calculator for it. I have seen plenty of people on the forums for it not get results because they overcut calories. I am 5'2'' female and weigh 175. My recommended calories with a 500 cal deficit included is 2100. I just ran your info through the calculator and with a 500 daily deficit it says you should be consuming 2235 calories. You will need it for insanity or your muscles will starve and your body will go into starvation mode and prevent you from losing weight. I suggest you find a copy of the nutrition guide and figure out what kinds of foods you need to be eating to reach your calorie goals. Remember 6 meals a day..... Look for foods that really count. Things like natural peanut butter, nuts, and protein shakes tend to have high calories but can be essential to meeting your bodies needs without filling it full of junk.