What to eat??!!

Options
I am a very picky person... so finding healthy food that actually makes me full is very hard. Every time i try to look up the monthly meal plans they are always filled with black beans and chick peas and stuff that just does not appeal to me.. I was wondering if anyone has a very picky family and has found a way to provide meals that are healthy, easy, and still very tasty?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Lots of lean proteins and fresh veggies.

Not sure what you are specifically referring to. Bkfast, lunch or dinner? Either way, always focus on eating a protein and carb together and make your proteins lean like fish, grilled chicken, ground turkey.

Tonight, for my family I made chicken parmesean in the crockpot--very healthy version, no breading, just threw some frozen breasts in the crockpot with a can of chopped tomatoes, garlick and italian seasoning. I made zucchini boats and a garden salad to go with it. The kids gobbled it up.
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Very picky here too. I also look at recipes and just think BLECH. It's hard but I have found variations on foods I like and I just tend to eat very similar foods daily (like I only really like 4 veggies so I just load up on those). It's a struggle bc I know there are foods that are so good for you, but I just don't like. No real tips for you but I do have some pretty basic recipes if you want any
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you~ pretty picky household here. I'm always on the lookout for something fresh and easy that has stuff we all like to eat. I learned that the best way for something to work is to try a meal planner yourself and just add in what you want. I started off weekly and just began this today will let you know how it works out :) good luck
  • joeq722
    joeq722 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well, based on what you just said, I won't recommend what I was going to.....ok, I will:

A can of Albacore Tuna in water (water included) with a 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal in a bowl.
    Throw in a few baby carrots.......

Probably won't appeal to you (sorry), but its nutrient dense and filling.

And I guarantee you've never had it before ;)
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    First of all, are you sure you don't like them now? Or is this based on the past? I ask because I HATED brussel sprouts. Couldn't even get them in my mouth. Didn't try them again for years because the 10 times I had tried them, I didn't like them. But everyone was raving about brussel sprouts and how wonderful they were. So, I tried them again. And I LOVE them! Now one of my favorite veggies. So, if it's been a while since you've tried these foods, try again! If you've tried and they just won't work, then don't eat them. Maybe try another type of bean, leave them out of the recipe, or food process them. Sometimes it's more of a texture thing and having them processed makes them palatable.