A few inactive/silent friends.

Options
Hello fellow MFPers. I'm just looking for a few more friends to help with motivation/advice :) A few of my friends have either become inactive or are pretty quiet. Here's a little about me:
I'm 29, two jobs, and I'm finishing my accounting degree this year (woohoo!). I'm 5'4" and I have 39 lbs to go to meet my first goal and then another 50 after that. I'm on every day logging calories/exercise.
Looking to encourage and be encouraged! My diary is private for now, but I will open it up when I feel it's necessary.
It makes no difference to me whether your goal is similar to mine, if you're looking for motivation...add me :)

Thanks so much!

Replies

• riboid
    riboid Posts: 31
    Options
    HI all,

I installed this app months ago but never bothered me backside.
    Ok, installed it again and being going well now for 3 days!!
    Working in the oil and gas and a bit sedentary at the moment and possibly over indulged
    over xmas time.
    Not sure if mine is private or what - my diary that is.

:smile:

p.s excuse the profile picture. I cooked a ham hock for xmas and it reminded me of silent of the lambs so then decided
    to make a face mask out of dead pigs skin and emulate Anthony Hopkins. Is this normal?
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Friend request sent...
  • kittensnsunshine
    kittensnsunshine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm looking for some supportive friends. I'm an elementary teacher and a mother of 3 little ones, I'm 33, but I totally feel younger, even though my kids try to remind me that I'm not. I'll have to check to see if my diary is private. I'm new to this MFP thing.
  • pinkfluff79
    pinkfluff79 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I took 3 months off and NEED to get back in the swing of things. Add me so we can all be in this together. :)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    I had lost 50 lbs before and gained it back. So I'm starting over and starting fresh! I'm looking for friends also :)

I'm a 26 year old law school student in California.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I am 34. 3 kids (15 13 and 10). I work in the accounting department of a fireplace company in Minnesota. I have been with MFP for about 5 months now. So far I have lost 19 pounds putting me at 188 pounds. My highest weight was 217 though. Add me. I LOVE getting friend requests.
  • jcramer1227
    jcramer1227 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am 34. 3 kids (15 13 and 10). I work in the accounting department of a fireplace company in Minnesota. I have been with MFP for about 5 months now. So far I have lost 19 pounds putting me at 188 pounds. My highest weight was 217 though. Add me. I LOVE getting friend requests.

Omg, MN? I live in St. Cloud....small world!
  • ajadumas
    ajadumas Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP almost a month ago. I've been logging every crumb that passes my lips.Its made me so much more aware of portion sizes. I joined a gym and am actually going, I may not run miles and pump iron, but between the gym, Wii Fit Plus, and a couple Jillian Michaels dvds, I'm doing SOMETHING! In my month here, I've lost 13# and 2" from my waist alone! I would love for anyone to add me. I want to be held accountable, and celebrated with, and I promise to do the same!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been logging my food and serious about losing since July and I've lost 48lbs so far. I have about 40 more to go. I am very active on here and always motivate my friends and provide advice, if asked. Please add me if you would like to.
  • pixardad
    pixardad Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm usually open for people to add me if they'd like. I've been silent for a while though. I've found I was doing much of these things (posts, blogs, entries, etc) in order to get people's responses...I like having people care (long story). But in the end, we have to do these things for ourselves. Hearing the "Nice Job", "Good Loss!", etc is nice, but gets repetitive and loses meaning over time. At that point you find you need to look at the numbers and be satisfied for you...not for someone else.

Keep in mind though, having friends on MFP isn't just about getting encouragment when you post a loss or an exercise, it's also about having a group of people to turn to even when things are going like s***. We may not cheer you up, and sometimes you may not want to be...but we'll be there to stand with you, even if its silent.

--PD