Newbie here! I need your BEST recipes, please!

Options
erinj16
erinj16 Posts: 32 Member
I'm back on my diet & new to MFP.
I'm looking for your best easy, few-ingredient, low calorie recipes.
I'm cooking for just myself, so small portion recipes would be preferred (or things that can be frozen).

Thanks!

Replies

• edwarddreary
    edwarddreary Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just made, for the first time, a sensational Carrot & Coriander soup for lunch. Recipe here: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/7003/carrot-and-coriander-soup

Also in the last couple of days have made a couple of things from the blog Lavender & Lovage (http://www.lavenderandlovage.com/) including her Roast Tomato and Garlic soup and Hungarian Spicy Mince. Totally delicious and all very low in calories.
  • erinj16
    erinj16 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    thanks! i love the progresso light soups bc they're so low in calories & can be filling!
  • achasnis
    achasnis Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Made a new crockpot recipe last night and loved it. I'm sure you could put into two freezer bags instead of 1 to create smaller portion sizes.
    Bought all of the stuff and just threw into a freezer bag until I was ready for it. Super easy.

1.5 lbs chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
    1 can black beans (rinsed)
    16 oz frozen corn
    1/2 large red onion chopped
    4 tbsp lime juice
    2 cloves minced garlic
    chopped fresh cilantro
    1 tsp cumin
    Salt and pepper to taste

Just take and throw in crock pot until chicken fully cooked. Mine took approx 6 hours, I switched from high to low once it was completely thawed.
    Served mine with some 90 sec microwave rice (gotta watch the sodium content of these) and a little salsa, and it was Awesome!
  • vanillasiren
    Options
    I love anything to do with ground chicken. It cooks super quickly, tastes great, can be frozen, and is simple to prepare. My favorites are chicken tacos (you can buy low sodium taco seasoning... just sprinkle a bit on while cooking and it's great!) with lettuce and tomato (sprinkle of cheese doesn't hurt either :D) and chicken (low-fat) caesar pitas.

Cooking a large batch of it and freezing portions is a great way to have something quick and easy for when you get home from work. Toss it in the microwave and you can pretty much put it on/in everything.