Vegan

Options
I've decided to eat as a Vegan would mainly for my health. I have used M F P previously and am returning for 2013.
I will scout through the topics to find ideas for food and exercise, currently i have an inflamed achillis, but that cant stop my food choices.
I gladly will welcome you no matter what your food choices are.
Barbara
Tasmania Australia

Replies

• hellokittyhorror
    hellokittyhorror Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back, Barbara.
    I've been vegan since February, 2012 (was vegetarian for 7 years before that). Feel free to be my MFP friend.

Happy New Year from New York City!
    -Kitty
  • ryl217
    ryl217 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm currently vegetarian, but have been able to go a few months at a time vegan. Definitely hard work at first, but your body really does feel better the longer you're into it. Good luck, hoping by this time next year I'll be full vegan again too.
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I am vegan too.I live in The Hunter Valley NSW.I have lost 20kg on my own and have joined MFP to help with the last 17kg.
    I am planning a trek in the Himalayas in October so I hope to have lost it by then.
    Good luck.Feel free to add me as a friend if you want my user name is juliedor.
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey! Vegan here, too :-)
  • Kendall_Lauren
    Kendall_Lauren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yay vegans! My 7 year vegan-versary is this month :D
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will send you a request. I am a strict vegetarian.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm Plant Strong :wink: Feel free to view my diary for ideas - my husband who didn't ever like fruits & veggies is almost 100% Plant Strong with me, and I've been playing with food & making things he enjoys (he's still breaking his animal side, but is adapting very well :laugh: )

Lifestyles are achievable & sustainable when we choose to be healthy :flowerforyou:
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm currently vegetarian, but have been able to go a few months at a time vegan. Definitely hard work at first, but your body really does feel better the longer you're into it. Good luck, hoping by this time next year I'll be full vegan again too.

II dont mean to come across as anything other than a general discussion but i found becoming vegan a rather simple process.

Sure you end up accidentally eating the odd item that contains some random animal product but actually deciding to go vegan and going from a heavy meat consumer to vegan within a few days was probably the most liberating and rewarding journey of my life.

I have an instagram feed danbi1' with lots of vegan food ideas if you need.

If anyone is struggling there is a website http://veganeasy.org/ that provides recipes and mentors if you require.

In saying that - if you're deciding to be vegan for animal cruelty reasons then i found that to be motivation enough - but everyone is different.