What 2013 plan to choose?

Options
Ok, just about ready to go for the gold with healthy living and weight loss. I just need a bit of direction on which plan/program to folllow. Count calories? Portion control? What plan/program do you recommend? Also, anyone been successful with simply intuitive eating? Thanks!

Replies

• themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Eat better, exercise more, profit.

Acquire health, disregard mirror.
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Yes, I actually lost most my weight simply by eating till I was just barely full- not stuffed. Of course, this depends on your issues, mine was all baby weight (A lot though!) I'm not normally very heavy.

I believe in moderation and lifestyle change rather than a strict program, that being said- right now DH and I are doing "New Rules of Lifting" (there's a women's version for me) and we love it. Plus, it's no starvation diet- I'm eating 2000 calories a day! There's lots of info on that program (it's a book) on here, lots of success stories.

Have a great year!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Count calories, measure portions (they go hand in hand)
    :-)
  • jamonamia
    jamonamia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Thanks for the mirror tip.
  • jamonamia
    Options
    Eat better, exercise more, profit.

Acquire health, disregard mirror.

Excellent, thanks for the mirror tip.
  • jamonamia
    Options
    Yes, I actually lost most my weight simply by eating till I was just barely full- not stuffed. Of course, this depends on your issues, mine was all baby weight (A lot though!) I'm not normally very heavy.

I believe in moderation and lifestyle change rather than a strict program ...

Really like this concept as well, but not sure I trust myself enough right now with certain foods. Makes me think I should focus more on planning portions. Thanks!
  • jamonamia
    Options
    Count calories, measure portions (they go hand in hand)
    :-)
    Got it, thx!