New to the rec. center... machines?? Clueless. HELP!

Options
I've taken a few steps back in my progress, but I have taken a few steps back and want to get back on the weight-loss train. So, I started going to the rec center at my college before Christmas break, and I realized that I really have no idea what I am doing there with so many weights and machines. I'm familiar with calisthenics since I've always just exercised at home, but I now have a whole rec center to take advantage of that is a 5 minute walk from my dorm! I would love to incorporate lifting into my workout, but I am kind of clueless as to what I should be doing. I was hoping that someone could give me a general idea of some sort of routine I could start off with.

I'm planning on going to the rec. on Mondays and Tuesdays, taking a break day, and then going back on Thursdays and Fridays. I was thinking about taking about an hour and a half; half cardio and half weights. I know that it's good to assign certain body parts to each day, like back and bis to one day, chest and tris to another, legs to another, etc., and that a little ab work each day doesn't hurt. I just am clueless about the machines, reps, weights, etc. :P Could someone maybe give me a suggestion, possibly a skeleton of a simple routine to start off with?

Replies

• Car1sBad
    Car1sBad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to strength training, so I'm not going to try to give you a routine to follow. This website:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/

Is free and has been the most valuable resource I've found online as far as educating myself on the proper way to lift. It has multiple beginner routines ready to go. There is also a custom workout calculator that allows you to tell it how much time and what equipment you have available. It then builds a routine around that information. Definitely worth checking out!
  • kenzybear7
    kenzybear7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you!