Someone encourage me!

Options
I have been at this my whole life, I've always worked out, and have eaten pretty good, but stepped it up last March. I lost like 30 lbs in 3 months and I need 60+ more but nothing for months...

I try on and off lower carb/ grain free, low cal from 1200 to 1500 to 1700 to 2000+ , my thyroid is regulated, I am gluten and dairy free due to a stomach condition. I workout and Mix it up with different workouts and intensities and weight lifting. My naturalpathic docs have tried helping 3 different ones to no avail. I try 60, 70, 85, min workouts daily and I have even tried breaks for two weeks of no workouts or dieting to kick start something. Ho hummmmmm....it's frustrating to know I'm big for NO REASON if I eat around and ate cake that would make sense but I used to eat dessert once every two months and only half of one, now I eat it once per week, I lose better that way.

I am organic, I do cleanses, I use egg protein powder, I sweeten with stevia I don't do soda or diet soda...

It's just always been a mystery thing and I guess I need o know I'm doing it all or some reason.

I do have a lot more muscle and I am not out of breath doing things, but why I am not thin will be a mystery...

Replies

• duichaser
    duichaser Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am going to make this as simple as I can: STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT! It is amazing what stress can do to our lives AND our bodies. I read your post and I see how much effort you are putting forth to make yourself thin. If you are watching your diet and exercising regularly and still are not losing weight then there is another factor involved, and from what I see as an outsider reading your post it looks like you are worrying about all of it WAY too much. Set very small goals and have FUN trying to reach them and I really think you will start to see the kind of results you want! Best wishes to you!
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am going to make this as simple as I can: STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT! It is amazing what stress can do to our lives AND our bodies. I read your post and I see how much effort you are putting forth to make yourself thin. If you are watching your diet and exercising regularly and still are not losing weight then there is another factor involved, and from what I see as an outsider reading your post it looks like you are worrying about all of it WAY too much. Set very small goals and have FUN trying to reach them and I really think you will start to see the kind of results you want! Best wishes to you!

Thank you!
    I have gone through periods where I don't work at it very hard or barely think about it but that didn't work either and sometimes when I do that, then I gain 25 lbs
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it just takes time. You are doing all the right things, so keep at them and you WILL see it happen. It took me almost a year to see change after my first plateau.

Patience and perseverance are the keys... you've got this!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    People say "im doing all the right things, why isn't the weight coming off?!?!" its like that because you have to do it all and be constantly doing it all, all the time. gotta be on point be on the game. doing it well over and over again and you will get there!

time time, time is all you need.
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    A year, so I'm not he only one!

The GOOD NEWS is that this time I have not given up, in the past I usually I've up and quit for 3 or 4 months, this i am not discouraged, at least working out is like my anti depressant, love the feeling. I have two torn miniscus's but it oes not stop me fom working out hard, I just can't hike or run right now.
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    People say "im doing all the right things, why isn't the weight coming off?!?!" its like that because you have to do it all and be constantly doing it all, all the time. gotta be on point be on the game. doing it well over and over again and you will get there!

time time, time is all you need.

Thanks!
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Are you keeping a daily food diary and logging everything accurately? I weigh and measure pretty much everything ... if you're over, even by a little its still over and adds up overtime. How many calories are you eating a day, on average.... Make sure its atleast your BMR but preferably your TDEE. I would also highly encourage you to lift weights.. Not girly 5 pound dumbbells, but really start lifting weights. In addition, find other ways to track your progress such as monthly photos, measurements, clothes, etc. the scale is but s mere imperfect tool to help gage our trends.. It is not able to accurately determine water weight, muscle weight, fat, etc... And it certainly cannot tell us if we are healthy, assess how we feel or look and in no way will the scale eve ever ever define us!
  • JingleMuffin
    JingleMuffin Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    youve got this
  • shawnerseliz
    shawnerseliz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Dulchaser: I love your response. It is a good reminder for me too!
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    Are you keeping a daily food diary and logging everything accurately? I weigh and measure pretty much everything and when i don't i will weigh it before i eat it and i am ALWAYS over... Even if by a little its still over and adds up overtime. How many calories are yu eating a day, on average.... Make se its atleast your BMR or TDEE. I would also highly encourage you to lift weights.. Not girly 5 pound dumbbell, but really start lifting weights. In addition, find other ways to track your progress such as monthly photos, measurements, clothes, etc. the scale is but s mere imperfect tool to help gage our trends.. It is not able to accurately determine water weight, muscle weight, fat, etc... And it certainly cannot tell us if we are healthy, assess how we feel or look and in no way will the scale eve ever ever define us!

Yes I do know a huge difference when I lift weights so yes I just do it more, I was running and got up to four miles, but torn miniscus's soooo...weight lifting is good and I do love it. I do log on and off mostly what I found out this year is that I under eat so now I eat much more.
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    youve got this

I do...you are right, I cannot wait to be a success story with pics!
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. It's hard, if it was easy everyone would do it.
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    I guess it can be frustrating to see all my size 6 friends who eat desserts, eat whatever they want, occasionally dieting and barely workout or just workout sometimes and I eat better, workout better but it looks like I don't it looks like I sit on my hutt and eat pizza and I never order pizza, I haven't in 5 years! I haven't had a donut in 10 years or more, etc, I don't even know what a Ding Dong is....I've never had one in my life.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you netting?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    This is truly good advice:happy:
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    How many calories are you netting?

1750-1950 for the holidays. I seem to stay the same if it's 1200, 900, 1500, 1700, 1900, 2200 so I try to eat more because I'm notorious for eating too little. I must eat that extra for my workouts.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    It's not about anyone else- try not to compare. It's about you. Remember that healthy isn't all about the outside. I can run faster than people that are thinner than me. It's about training and staying committed to a new lifestyle.
  • Funsoaps
    Options
    It's not about anyone else- try not to compare. It's about you. Remember that healthy isn't all about the outside. I can run faster than people that are thinner than me. It's about training and staying committed to a new lifestyle.

Thank you, you are right. I guess I got discouraged as I was doing well fitness-wise I was up to running four miles several times a week but found out I have two torn miniscuses, arthritis in the knee, swelling, etc and bone on bone and swelling and pain make it so I cannot hike, walk hills or run anymore. I am finding different workouts I can do tho until I heal and get them fixed.