Bes HRM

Options
I need suggestions for the best heart rate monitor. Maybe something that tracks running pace and distance too.

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• lovie55
    lovie55 Posts: 2
    Options
    I believe Polar are the best
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    Polar has a large variety of HRMs with a wide price range to go with them. I've been using them for, at least, 3 years (a fairly low-end one) and my wife has the next level up. We like Polar because they work with most exercise equipment to let you monitor your heart rate as you use the equipment.

The only drawback is that neither unit the band or the watch are user serviceable without violating the warrantee. My wife sent hers in after two years and the turnaround was only about 3 weeks with about $40 invested. I'm about to send my old one in after three years of use. I bought another one as I can't take a data gap right now with some of my running and bicycling events coming up.

A couple of the other brands do allow you to change your own battery.

The big thing to decide is not only how much data do you want to collect but do you know what to do with it once you have it!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    What I like about the polar is you can build on the system if you decide you want to add gps capability later. What I don't like is bulkiness. The garmin is slim as gps can get and has so many features that I'm really able to challenge myself to go faster.

I own a polar f55 hrm for gym workouts, and a garmin forerunner 405 for running.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    Really depends on whether you want something geared for more on the calorie burn side or not. Also is an altimeter important for logging effort on hills etc.