Distractions for not eating when you're not hungry

Options
What are your ways to combat cravings when you're not hungry?

Replies

• jo5050
    jo5050 Posts: 1
    Options
    learn to play the ukulele and every time you want to eat between meals - practice!
  • Cisco12791
    Options
    I just play my guitar (I'm learning), read, or play video games. Find a new hobby really.
  • Swethington00
    Options
    Chewing gum...
    Facebook...
    Pinterest... Look for healthy recipes or healthy quotes
    brush your teeth...
    Drink a boat load of water
  • daniel3vans
    Options
    That's a tough one to answer for me because I usually fail myself. I try to read, watch some of my favorite shows, take apart my computer and clean it. The best trick for me to fight cravings is to just leave my house, if I'm not home then I can't eat anything bad that I might be craving for. xD
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I don't know but next time I am in Richardson I'll eat at Masami because I'm craving Japanese.

As an answer, I don't restrict myself - even when cutting as I am now. Today, I had ice cream and a swiss roll cake. I just make room, calorie-wise, for my daily treats and never have cravings compared to back when I tried to eat too "clean."
  • natashalynnx
    natashalynnx Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I search for new workouts!!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Fitspo Blogs
    Drink Water
    Or Smell Whatever I'm Craving - that tends to satisfy my craving enough!
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    if i sniffed what ever i was craving , it would end up in my mouth without a 2nd thought lol
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I usually go for what I call free foods like celery, carrots or other raw sliced veggies. Just got turned onto turnips.
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I look at the success stories on here..makes you drop any thought of having a snack.
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My main defence is not keeping snack attack foods in the house. I am really, really bad at saying no! So when I feel munchy I am sort of forced to snack on the healthy stuff. And tea, I drink a lot of tea!
  • tolleirrigon
    Options
    Lots of water, if I'm craving something salty I usually will eat a pickle, if it's sweet I will have a Ghiradelli 72% cocoa square. I have found if I really am craving something and drinking water doesn't work that if I do one of the others then I am good. If I ignore it too long then I wind up eating a ton of junk!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    OP, if your pictures are current and unless you're very, very small, I suspect you are hungry because you are already at least a healthy weight at less than 115 lbs and restricting your diet to get to 80lbs is something your body does not want to do. I think you should really reconsider if your goals are healthy and reasonable.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    vegetables, mfp, gum, leave house
  • Camcee
    Camcee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I 'window shop' online, I just cruise through various clothing websites and imagine what I would like to buy:love: , thinking of how far I have come motivates me while looking at what clothes I could buy! It is not easy but once you do distract yourself, it does work...
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Pinterest, like someone else said "window online shopping", and doing my hair or something.
  • mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I stick to Water and Coffee seems to work for me If I feel hungry I either have a glass of cold water or a cup of black coffee.

I now use IF 16/8 so I fast for 16hrs a day (22.00-14.00) and after 4 weeks I don't even crave food during my fasts.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    clean the house
    organize your desk / purse / closet
    run errands
    go to the gym or take a walk
    take a bubble bath and relax
    go get a coffee and take a drive
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options