Distractions for not eating when you're not hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    OP, if your pictures are current and unless you're very, very small, I suspect you are hungry because you are already at least a healthy weight at less than 115 lbs and restricting your diet to get to 80lbs is something your body does not want to do. I think you should really reconsider if your goals are healthy and reasonable.
    I'm with this. I read your ticker, with a goal weight of 80 lbs, as well as previous post where you wondered if your chronic behavior would consider you as having an eating disorder. I would take the advice from everyone who contributed to that post and seek professional help.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I stick to Water and Coffee seems to work for me If I feel hungry I either have a glass of cold water or a cup of black coffee.

I now use IF 16/8 so I fast for 16hrs a day (22.00-14.00) and after 4 weeks I don't even crave food during my fasts.

I do not want to insinuate that the OP has an eating disorder as I am in nk way qualified to know that, but i do want to point out that while fasting works very well for people who have a healthy relationship with food, it can be an extremely dangerous choice for those with disordered eating tendencies, and extreme caution should be used in making that choice if there are any indications towards a an eating disorder present.
  • DLSlim
    DLSlim Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I knit, journal, clean. Anything that will occupy my hands and mind.
  • alitap
    alitap Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Read through other peoples success stories or surf Health sites...these often make one feel guilty of not doing their best... :)

33017025.png
  • mrdjmo
    mrdjmo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I stick to Water and Coffee seems to work for me If I feel hungry I either have a glass of cold water or a cup of black coffee.

I now use IF 16/8 so I fast for 16hrs a day (22.00-14.00) and after 4 weeks I don't even crave food during my fasts.

I do not want to insinuate that the OP has an eating disorder as I am in nk way qualified to know that, but i do want to point out that while fasting works very well for people who have a healthy relationship with food, it can be an extremely dangerous choice for those with disordered eating tendencies, and extreme caution should be used in making that choice if there are any indications towards a an eating disorder present.

I get where your coming from.

But it's working for me I've tried 6 meals a day 3 meals a day protien rich etc... with no major benefit.

Using IF works in my life and with the Gym Routine I use.

I would say anyone with an eating disorder should check with a GP before starting any diet as one can be as bad as the other.

Just to clear this up I still eat my daily calories during the 8hr eat stage which is anything from 2400 - 3400 calories depending on excercise that I do that day.

So hardly starving myself :-)
  • emmuci
    emmuci Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Reading
    Sports [for example tennis and basketball-i love them and i always forget to eat when i get caught in a game and play for too long :tongue: ]
    Internet
    Going out with friends
    SHOPPING!!! [obviously not for food]

The main thing is that if i am away from food then...i simply won't eat. And i don't like fast-food and stuff so i'm safe out there :tongue:
    If you are hungry between meals i say the best is to go somewhere or do something that makes you forget your hunger....or as most say drink water :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    if i sniffed what ever i was craving , it would end up in my mouth without a 2nd thought lol

THiS!!!
  • Lincolnlady217
    Lincolnlady217 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I clean the house, or if its late enough brush my teeth and go to bed! :)
  • mindyjo74
    mindyjo74 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I clean my house and drink tons of water. I strive for a gallon a day. That usually helps with cravings because dehydration can cause cravings that can make you think you are hungry. Hope that helps!! :happy: