Sleep deprived Mum!

Options
Hello!

I'm Mum to an almost 3 year old and a 9 month old. Neither sleep that well so I find it really hard to stay off the junk food on days when I've had very little sleep. I'm also still breastfeeding my youngest so I have a really sweet tooth.

Anyone want to help me get my figure back for the 2nd time around?

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm Mum to an almost 3 year old and a 9 month old. Neither sleep that well so I find it really hard to stay off the junk food on days when I've had very little sleep. I'm also still breastfeeding my youngest so I have a really sweet tooth.

Anyone want to help me get my figure back for the 2nd time around?

Hi! I feel your pain :sad: My 3 year old and 19 month old aren't the greatest of sleepers either. This evening I had to lie on the floor next to my 19 month old's cot to get her to go to sleep. My 3.5 year old son decided he didn't want to go to sleep because mummy was in the room. They will both be up in the night at some point I am sure.

I started back at the gym when my daughter was 7 weeks old though, 4 or 5 times a week without fail. I went back to work in April this year and carried on with the exercise! I must've been a size 20 (UK) when I started and am now a size 12 mainly.

I do however drink a lot of coffee to keep me going, which I suppose you can't do while you're breastfeeding! I do remember researching caffeine whilst BF though and a certain amount is fine.

If your 3 year old is anything like mine then they are incredibly active. I spend a lot of days chasing him up and down the seafront on his scooter! I work part time and I'm a teacher so I get a lot of holidays :smile:

Get yourself into a good exercise routine, and start eating healthily and you will get used to it!

Feel free to add me.
  • LittleWub
    LittleWub Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dawnie!
  • snowy_sk
    snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am losing weight for the second time too, I lost 3 stone in 2011, felt amazing, fell pregnant and now my little girl is 7 months old and I am 4 stone up! I'm literally the heaviest I have ever been and the thought of losing 4 stone is so daunting, but we can do it! I just keep reminding myself how good it feel to be slim and how horrible it feels to be fat!

Lets do this together, feel free to add me if you like x