fat loss for teen

Options
Hey guys im 18 nd im really out of shape 210 5ft 9 all of my friends have lost weight and i fell like it is my tun i just really would like it if i could have somebody helping me on my journey, my goal is to lose a pound per week i dont know hiow to do most gym exercises and i also dont know how to get started i dont want to hurt myslef by over doing it too. all id like to say is I Need Help !!!!!!!!

Replies

• BecomingZara
    BecomingZara Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    I know it sounds like a cliche, but find an exercise (running, walking, team sports, rollerblading) that you like (or can even tolerate) doing and that should be where you start. I managed to lose 14 kilograms last year from playing netball and going for a few extra turns on the elliptical machine. It's about what's going to work for you, it has to be something that you can manage long term that way you'll be able to see results and encourage yourself further.
    :)
  • ohheyitsfelicity
    Options
    Hey! I'm 19 (so only a year older than you) and I currently weigh 164 lbs. All my friends weigh 130 lbs & under so I always feel like the odd one out. I can't some exercises because I have health restrictions and I often feel embarrassed to go to the gym (my parents just recently bought stuff to do workouts at home though so that's helping). I'd love to be friends with you, because I feel like we could really benefit from each other and help each other out. I'm going to add you right now! :)
  • JessMySize
    Options
    I'm 16 and 5'4, I was 201 pounds, now I'm 180 and still pushing for at least 160. ;)
  • rdhiggins
    Options
    Hi, I'm almost 19, 5' 7" and 141 lbs. I'm trying to go to the gym a few times a week but I feel so embarrassed because I have no idea what i'm doing or what equipment to use.
  • gimmegimmemoar
    gimmegimmemoar Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am not a teen, but I know how you feel... I went through the same thing as a teen, and still go through it now that I'm 23. All of my friends are GORGEOUS and thin, and I've always felt like their "fat friend". But looking back now, my biggest advice to you is don't worry about your friends!! If you want to get healthy, do it for you only! You are worth it and your happiness is what matters. I think weight loss is a time to be selfish for once! Feel free to add me, I am on here every day.
  • marri_p
    Options
    I was 175lbs at my heaviset and I've gone down to 166lbs by just eating healthy. I didn't do any extra exercise or anything and I lost 9lbs in a month. I've kept it off and maintained it since 29th Nov 2012. I've had cheat days but my weight has stayed down. I'm going to start an exercise plan now to lose more weight. I want to be 159lbs by 5th Febuary (my birthday) and 153lbs by March 13th. If you keep something up for 30 days then it becomes a habit like healthy eating. :)
  • towardthesunshine
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 20 (close enough right?) And struggle with weight loss, as well. I would love to help you through your journey! I'm in school and on a very tight budget (I can't afford the gym!) so I know it's not easy!