Introduce Yourself

Options
I am new to this site, but not new to the struggle. I believe that we should keep the promises that we make to ourselves. If I tell someone that I will do something, I do all I can to accomplish it, but when I promise myself something, I find that I do not always feel as obligated to keep the promise.

Replies

• SquidInTraining
    Options
    I'm trying to do the same thing, keep a promise to myself. :) Welcome to MFP, glad to have you!
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great website and a great source of motivation. Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    I believe that we should keep the promises that we make to ourselves. If I tell someone that I will do something, I do all I can to accomplish it, but when I promise myself something, I find that I do not always feel as obligated to keep the promise.

I don't know why but I never thought of this. Thanks I need to be more aware of my promises to myself. Anyways welcome to MFP. It is a great super friendly site that offers tons of support, advice and knowledge.Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • MollysMom2005
    MollysMom2005 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello there.

I'm not new to MFP, but I'm coming back after a harmful hiatus! lol. I developed good habits, but they fell by the wayside when I started fertility drugs and IVF. Now that I've gained twenty pounds back, it's time to GET SERIOUS. I'll help you if you help me! :)

Good luck and God bless.
  • DF2010
    DF2010 Posts: 2
    Options
    DF2010 Sat. 4/10/10 10:30 PM

New to this Site,do need the Support & Motivation!!
    I want to live a Health life,and if I get in Shape,so will
    my Husband,who has Health Problems!
  • DF2010
    DF2010 Posts: 2
    Options

I can,I will,I must
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

I can,I will,I must

Make certain to take care of you first, that way you can care for the hubs...Welcome DF!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site, but not new to the struggle. I believe that we should keep the promises that we make to ourselves. If I tell someone that I will do something, I do all I can to accomplish it, but when I promise myself something, I find that I do not always feel as obligated to keep the promise.
    If you're good to yourself you'll start to keep those promises...you're worth it.
  • butterfingers74
    Options
    am new to this. am so glad that i have found someplace that i can go to and keep track of my calorie intake and it be free and without having to buy special foods. ive struggled with my weight my whole adult life. im not the most active person due to my life being so hectic. i have a handicapped son who takes alot of my time so i generally grab whatever is available to me to eat. sometimes i dont eat at all. either i forget to eat or i dont feel hungry.
    i am about to graduate college in the criminal justice field. i want to help teens. im married. my dh needs to do this. he starts diets and doesnt stick to them. his downfall is eating junk food or he goes back for seconds. im luck to even finish whats on my plate let along want to eat chips and junk food all the time. i am very active in my church. i sing in the choir and love to be involved with the children.
    would be nice to get the encouragement from my husband on this. my goal is to hit 128lbs. i have about 140 to lose. i am so insecure about myself and my looks because of my weight. i am always wearing clothes that are to big on me because i dont like anything snug. or that clings to me. makes me feel uncomfortable. am very socialable. love to meet new people and make new friends. i look forward to getting to know some of you. maybe all of you.
  • RoxanneMP
    RoxanneMP Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi.. I am on day 3 of being a member of this board. I was introduced by my sister and I absolutely love it and am shocked on how many calories I was really eating before I started keeping track.. It amazes me.. Well Hi everyone :)