Recipe Builder - Nutritional Info _ Help

Options
I know that heading was rather vague, but I couldn't think of a creative way to get across my question.

Is there a website where you can enter your own recipe that you came up with and in return it will calculate the nutritional information for you?

I started out with a pot of pinto beans one day and the next day with the addition of a few other ingredients have ended up with a really yummy hummus...but i have no clue the calories.

Made a pork roast in the crock pot last night and threw in a lot of spices, chilis, lime juice, garlic, etc. and once again....no clue about the calories.

I know exactly what I put in each dish and how much, etc. just need a simple way to calculate everything.

Thank you all!!!

Replies

• Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This site does not have one...YET...I was told that there is one in the works, but a lot of work goes into it, and it may take awhile. There is another website called "Spark People" and they have a recipie builder, but this site overall is much better!
  • msdjsmith95
    Options
    I put in my recipes under "Meals." I add each ingredient to the database and it will calculate the total calories in the meal. Then figure out how many servings you get from it (6 for example) and when you add it to your diary, add 1/6th of the meal (.166 servings). It's sort of time consuming...I haven't figured out an easier way to do it so if anyone else knows, that would be great!
  • erinlindsay
    Options
    bump!
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I put in my recipes under "Meals." I add each ingredient to the database and it will calculate the total calories in the meal. Then figure out how many servings you get from it (6 for example) and when you add it to your diary, add 1/6th of the meal (.166 servings). It's sort of time consuming...I haven't figured out an easier way to do it so if anyone else knows, that would be great!

I didn't think of that! Good idea!
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    this is a good site for calculating the nutritional values & calories. http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When I have a recipe with few ingredients that's what I do. If I have a lot, then I use the recipe calculator here: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I use www.sparkrecipes.com to enter the ingredients and how many servings, then it tells me how much of everything is in each serving. I agree with the previous poster who said that MFP is better overall. Once Mike and Al get the recipe builder up and working on here, I will never need Sparks People again! Yea! I also like the idea of enterring it as a meal. That's a great idea!
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options
    I've began putting the entire amount I use in a recipe into excel, including calories, all fats, carbs, etc, for all the food that I use. Then total all those amounts, and divide all those amounts by the total amount of servings.