food ideas!

Options
what are some great food ideas when it comes to snacks, and making meals???

Replies

• bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend logging how you eat normally for a week or two, then tweaking your diet according to what you find. For example, if you find that you are consistently over in carbohydrates, then you can look for the carb-heavy items in your diet and either decrease portion size or eat certain things less frequently.

In general, it is a good idea to eat more protein and fiber when you are restricting calories because they are more filling vis-a-vis the number of calories.
  • cnash1303
    Options
    I just ate a raw sweet potato...loving it. Raw veggies are my favorite snacks because they are low in calories and high in fiber. Another thing i like is Coco's...i dont think they sell them everywhere but its basically this rice patty type thing they sell in pennsylvania that is only 16 calories each. Tuna is good if you are looking for protein, usually 20g protein and only 100 calories so its really lean protein. Thats just snacks though.
  • Cocacoladdict
    Cocacoladdict Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am browsing this site for ideas.. http://www.skinnytaste.com/
  • pattie521
    Options
    Avocados are really good for you and a great snack. I mix it into my tuna instead of mayo. 1/4 of an avocado a day can do wonders for you. Also Arnolds flat rounds are pretty good, I usually will add a couple slices of deli turkey, 1/4 avocado, lettuce, tomato and a little poppy seed dressing for my lunch. I start every morning off with whole grain Cheerios.

I agree with a previous post, give yourself a couple of weeks to monitor your eating. I find grabbing an apple in between my meals helps too.