Lemonade master cleanse

Options
Just wondering if anyone has tried this and if so how you found it?

I have just started today and do not know how I will make it through the first day never mind the 10 days that the book recommends!

Replies

• GemaG
    GemaG Posts: 142
    Options
    Saw this diet and ran in the other direction, it looks awful, good luck to you :smile:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Just exactly what are your trying to cleanse? Your body is designed to do all the interior cleaning it needs. This is not a productive use of your time or resources.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    starving yourself is NOT a good way to lose weight....
  • Matt_Wilken
    Options
    Saw the word cleanse and realized another sheepling is going to the slaughterhouse
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    Can I just ask why you feel the need to do a cleanse in the first place, let alone one that proceeds for over a week? Nothing about that seems productive to your health.
  • Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    Turn back while you still can. The lemonade cleanse is just another low-cal fad.... of course consuming less cals will make you lose weight but it's the unhealthy way. It's going to be water and muscle you're losing, not fat. If you go through with it expect things like fatigue, nausea, diarrhea and a variety of other physical ailments. Your liver already detox's for you, you don't need a "cleanse" to do that.

In the end what you choose to do is your choice, but I would not recommend doing this diet.

Good luck!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Lol I use the Water master cleanse.
  • Matt_Wilken
    Options
    Lol I use the Water master cleanse.

aka enema....
  • katyt88
    Options
    Thanks for the advice guys. I was thinking all these things aswel but then seemed to read so many positive things online. I don't think I could do it even if I wanted too, love my food to much
  • ma_oeuvre
    ma_oeuvre Posts: 123
    Options
    If your instincts are telling you not to do it then I wouldn't do it :)

Seriously, proceed with caution. Some people swear by it. For me - I got into day 3, passed out and hit my head off the coffee table! (Not seriously, but even so). If you think you'll end up going my way then stop at once! :) It's not necessary, as everyone's saying on here, your body is designed to "cleanse" with liver and kidneys and whatnot, so you may find it's a torture of an experience and ultimately was completely unnecessary.
  • Fnarkk
    Fnarkk Posts: 61 Member
    Options

WOW, pretty cool, this. Mirrors quite a bit of what I lerned in school, but have since ignored (hence MFP).
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Blech. Even without the whole "no food" element, that sounds vile. Syrup, pepper and lemon?
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    :noway:

10 days!!

hello no.

go on an eat clean cleanse. no processed crap, no sugar, lots of fruit, veggies and water.

will work wonders :)
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Just exactly what are your trying to cleanse? Your body is designed to do all the interior cleaning it needs. This is not a productive use of your time or resources.

This. And it all work more efficiently if you actually give it the fuel it needs. Run a search on cleanse/ detox, this has been gone over numerous times in the last three days alone.
  • KL124
    KL124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've tried drinking the stuff, and it's about as gross as they get. There's no way I could last 10 days on it. Yuck!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Look around the threads and at other members. The ones who have lost massive amounts of weight and have kept it off didn't do so by doing a "lemonade diet".
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,011 Member
    Options
    Hopefully for your sake, their small lemons. Just kidding. :smile:
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    It wasn't for me. The lemonade was pretty tasty, to me anyway, but the salt water flushes were NASTY. How can drinking a quart of salt water be healthy. It's supposed to 'flush' right through... Well, not so much and I blew up from all the salt.