Anyone else new to gaining?

Options
Although I have talked about it for a long time, something has recently clicked with me and I am making efforts to gain weight in the hope to enhance my fitness and physique. My first step is to stop logging cals - this is not easy when I've been doing it for almost 2 years! Is anyone else out there going through a similar process? Have you seen results?

Replies

• jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Why would you stop logging calories? Log calories and go over your maitenence.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am not really trying to gain weight, but for the first time I am not eating at a deficit, and trying to maintain and lift heavy. This has been a shift for me. I do still log food, though.....I wouldn't stop with that, just log at above maintenance if you are trying to gain. If psychologically it is hard for you to log and see the number of calories you are eating, that is a different story, but otherwise I would still track. Good luck!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Yeah I tried to gain while logging for a year and have gained zero.... the numbers aren't good for me. I need to stop counting for a bit I think - I'm doing a months trial to see how I go and will weigh in at the end :-)