Before and After for 2012

Options
I just wanted to share my success story. I've been heavy since I was about 18. In the last 6 years I've had two children, my youngest who is now 2.5 years old. In the beginning of 2012 I realized that I had been fat and unhappy about it for over 10 years and I really needed to do something about it. No time like the present. Something clicked for me this time. I was determined to succeed though I've failed at every attempt at weight loss in the last 10 years. I started dieting and exercising 6 days a week for 1 hour a day. I wanted to be a runner. My first run I couldn't make it more than a 1/4 of a mile before I was so exhausted I had to stop. I also decided to do the Insanity program. I couldn't get past the warm-up the first few times. Now almost a year later I have lost over 45lbs, I'm fit, I'm healthy and I'm ridiculously happy. I still exercise about 5x's a week and love every second of it. I run 5-7 miles usually 2-3 times a week. I finished the Insanity program and now do Crossfit as well as Les Mils Combat on top of my normal gym time. I'm doing the Paleo diet. I have less than 10lbs left to my ultimate goal weight. I'm so in love with my new lifestyle that I'm studying to become a personal trainer. I've also recently become a beachbody coach hoping to inspire and help others. I hope my story shows you what you can do in a single year and even if you hate it now you will eventually love exercise and love healthy foods.

If my pictures upload properly here are my before and afters. I'm hoping by the end of 2013 I've gotten rid of some of my mom belly that I have left and have some abs to show instead!! (Ok not sure what' I've done wrong, working to get pictures working) =(

Before

IMG_5362_zps751114d0.jpg

After

Photoon2013-01-02at14243_zps70ba0d81.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!