Hello :)

Options
So today is the day... I'm going to tackle this... again.
I'm a 36 year old wife, mom to two, and teacher. I've had a life long battle with my weight, and I'm getting ready to go hop on the exercise bike.
I weighed in this morning at 276! I'm sick and tired of well being sick and tired. Hoping getting into this community will help me stay motivated :) I need to lose at least 100 pounds. I am lucky that I am tall and the upper end of my "ideal" weight range is around 155, but at this point I'd be tickled to see 238 which is what I weighed when I got married. I've set a goal of a pound a week, which is at least realistic. I didn't get this way over night, and I know I can't fix it over night!

Replies

• alcski
    alcski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Stay positive! It will not happen over night. I am tall too. I am 6 ft., so my weight is more evenly distributed. It is a slow and steady race to loose the weight but we can't give up!
  • llcastle
    Options
    Good luck to you! Just remember, one day at a time. Losing it slowly will keep it off! I too have fought with my weight my entire life. I am also tall (5'10") so am fortunate that it is distributed all over so I don't look like I weigh as much as I do.
  • sands95
    sands95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya!!! I just joined MFP yesterday. I am 262 and would love to get to 165, but I would be extatic to just be under the 200 mark!! Good luck to you, and remember one day at a time, dont worry about tomorrow or yesterday, just focus on today and it will happen.
  • SDHudgins1976
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome guys :)
    While I didn't start out with the best breakfast this morning, I did at least hop on the bike.. is it cheating to do it while watching a tv show? haha. The time flew by!
    Plan on maybe a walk this afternoon with the family.
  • Clarkesa
    Clarkesa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am new to the site (joined in October, but then forgot about it. lol) love reading the success stories, they are inspirational.

:smile: