INSANITY

Options
Anyone doing Insanity? I just started this program (I'm on day 4) and I'm looking for others who are doing it (or have done it) to keep me on track. I am a scale addict (I usually weight myself a couple times a day) so I had my husband hide it the other day when I wasn't home. I weighed myself before I started Insanity and took my measurements. I know it is not about the # on the scale (that's why it isn't in sight...lol), but its hard for me to stick with it. At 30 days I will get the scale back out and take my measurements again...hopefully I see some results. Feel free to add me. I need the support and motivation!!!:smile:

Replies

• maseface1
    maseface1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting insanity on Sunday but i'm quite scared!

I am not a very patient person so I will be disheartened if I don't start to at least feel results during the first month. My boyfriends starting Insanity with me on Sunday and whenever we do these things he looses lbs really quickly and I loose 1 in a month - Very annoying.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll see results soon, just stay off the scales for a while!
  • ChristyV44
    ChristyV44 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting Insanity (never finished the first time) and did the fit test yesterday (feeling super sore this morning, actually). It's a butt kicker but totally worth it! For a while I, too, was becoming a scale addict and felt a bit disheartened when the number on the scale didn't seem to be budging much buuuuuut (!) my measurements told me otherwise! My performance has also improved so I'm excited to see what my results will be like this time around especially since I'm really going to try to stick to the schedule as much as possible.

Feel free to add me so that we could support one another! :)
  • Mel1509
    Mel1509 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I completed Insanity in the fall and actually ended up gaining weight (obviously muscle) loved the program and mix it in with my workouts every once in a while. I would focus more on measurements if you don't have to much to loss as I've known a few others that had no movement on the scale but lost inches! Good luck and keep pushing play! :)
  • diamondfit1
    diamondfit1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im on week four! feel free to add me
  • mandy2128
    Options
    I'm on day 2! Feel free to add me!! Good luck! :)
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Hey people. I'm starting on Monday as I'm working early shifts this week so a bit tired. I'm hoping its going to help me lose the 16 pounds over the course of the 60 days. I did half of p90x but gave up even though I was seeing great results. My only down fall is that I have a holiday planned halfway through. The best thing I like about it is there are no weights needed and I spent yesterday ripping the DVDs onto my iPad so i can take them wherever i go. even though im not used to the american accents (UK here) i still find the videos motivating if not a little annoying lol. So now all that's left to do is get started. I might just try the fit test today to get an idea about whats it's going to be like. Good luck to you guys too. Would be cool to keep in touch with others doing it.
    Ben
  • APMI1986
    Options
    I like it so far. I don't look forward to doing it everyday, it definitely is INSANE!...lol. But I feel so much better after I do it. I am super sore also, but I hope it is worth it!
  • spoiledwife12
    spoiledwife12 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 2 of this INSANE program! I've been a regular exerciser for 25 years and today was the first time I yelled, " I hate you!" to the TV!!! Lol!!!

But once it's done, I sure feel good! I thought Turbo Fire was a challenge! I had to pause my DVD about every 2-3 minutes but I got through it.

Not looking forward to tomorrow but I know I'll do it.
  • StacyLynn19
    StacyLynn19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! My husband and I have done the program three times and have just started again (in ernest) this week! Love, love love it!
  • Hobbes922
    Hobbes922 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 6 and I love it already. I wear a heart rate monitor so that I know when to push harder. The second month looks a lot more intense. They say this workout is for those that already work out regularly, and I've been running/doing strength training since June. It is still a tough workout though! It's nice to see the people in the video not be perfect and having to take breaks.
  • curleegirl68
    curleegirl68 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I posted earlier that I was waiting for my DVD's to come in. I originally wanted to start on the 7 with a few practice rounds. However, I did the Fit test Yesterday and Decided to proceed today with the Plyometrics Cardio Circuit

If there are any challenges going on I'm in Please let me know. Also feel free to ad me as a friend for support. We're going to need this.

My opinions, yes it is hard, but there are also modifications you can search for on youtube and build your way up to endurance. What he stresses is safety and form.
  • empoweringme
    empoweringme Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm on day 6! I'd love some support too. Yesterday I sooooo wasn't feeling up to doing pure cardio, ugh!
  • charitycrafter
    charitycrafter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is it good for people who have 2 left feet? I'm competely uncoordinated. I fiured in a couple months there should be some offered on Craigslist for not much money. I saw several right before Christmas but wasn't sure.
  • ajbemine4ever27
    ajbemine4ever27 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    im on my 46 day of insanity and really love it,i am too addicted looking at my weighing scale everyday which is not healthy i think. lol well i just had my 3rd baby 4 months ago and want my body back by summer, as a result for 46 day i lost 10 lbs with a little bit of cutting calories. At first week of insanity, it is really..... will SORE your body or mostly on your lower part(thighs, feet toes) but as the days and weeks youre working on it, youre going to be stronger and it will just easy as you never think about doing a lot of repititions of it, like me i dont really do pushups, even one pushup never in my life ever.... as in NEVER..... try to do push ups! :mad: but after a month doing the program im surprised i can even do 16 reps. of it!:happy: so dont think twice, just push and play and be strong! :wink:
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I finished round 1 in October and have two and a half weeks left of round 2. Feel free to add me. I love hearing everyone else's opinions!
  • HokeyPokey2
    HokeyPokey2 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am halfway through my second round of insanity. I am always looking for inspirational/insanity buddies. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Vinyarddog
    Options
    I do an Insanity / P90X / Asylum hybrid alternating between workouts - been doing it for over a year - didn't see real results until I joined MFP - Add me if you like (this goes for all of you out there)
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Just finished my third week.It's my first round.LOVING IT!!

Feel free to add me.Insanity is tough but I'm already seeing some results.We can do this together and encourage each other.
    Keep up the great work!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am on day 41 of Insanity, and although I love the programme I haven't seen any results on the scale or measurement wise, and I have been following the nutrition guide! I think patience is key, some people will see results within a week or two but some people won't, so don't be discouraged even if you never see any visible results, my fitness test improvements are shocking to me so you will become so much stronger and fitter by the end, you'll be able to do moves you never thought you would!!

Also, since you are all just starting, don't dread month 2, it is tough and longer, but none of the workouts are impossible - the first time I did Max Plyo I kept swearing, thinking I'd never be able to do it, but the second time it was easier. Anyway, yes month 2 is doable and enjoyable even, provided you put 150% in now, so remember that whatever effort you put in the first four weeks will benefit you in the month 2.

Good luck, and also ladies (don't know if men get this lol) don't be disheartened if in the first couple of weeks you start to feel like you are swollen all over and are putting on pound after pound and your clothes become tight. This is totally normal and will go by about the third week. It does suck but I think it is par for the course with this kind of workout.
  • tracybewick
    Options
    I completed insanity last summer, the body shape changes were amazing and my fitness levels were at they're best. I'm restarting again tommorow.
    I know it's hard but keep those scales hidden, you'll see the difference in your jeans......believe me!
    Good luck
    Add me Tracy