Logging recumbent bike interval training

Options
Maybe I'm just not searching right, but I can't find how to log my workouts. Since it has been cold I haven't been running outside. Today I jumped on my husband's recumbent bike and did a resistance training for 25 minutes. Is this anywhere in the database? I found the stationary bike workouts, but not interval training.

Help!

Replies

• alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    There aren't really any activities specifically listed as Interval training that I can find. I would go with the the Stationary Bike, Vigorous Effort as a pretty solid estimate. What do your intervals look like (time and resistance for intervals and rest periods)?
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Right now the highest resistance is 9. It starts out slow at 4, increases to 5 then 7 then 9. I'm at each level for 1 minute.

Thanks for you response!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Ahh ok, that's not really what I would refer to as an interval training session, typically I'd refer to what you're doing as a pyramid workout. Intervals traditionally are a period of extremely high intensity work followed by a lower intensity rest period repeated over an over. For instance, when I train in spring for soccer I'll do intervals on the elliptical of 1 minute at a high resistance around 9-10 RPM followed by 2 minutes of low resistance at 7-8 RPM.

With that in mind still either the Vigorous or perhaps Moderate effort would be a good approximation of your workout.
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I do 4 then 7 then 5 then 9 then 4 then 9 then 7 then 5 then 4 and repeat. The 4 and 5 levels are for 2 minutes and the 7 and 9 and for 1 minute. Running is so mindless but it is just too cold and icy outside to run!