Has anyone ever had an unexpectedly big loss?!

Options
I hadn't weighed myself for a week and a half because I've had some really upsetting personal news. I have just been grabbing whatever I can find - sometimes not eating or skipping meals, other times just grabbing a pizza coz its convenient. I thought I might have put on weight but looking in the mirror I looked a bit thinner. I told myself it was wishful thinking but when I got on the scales I've lost 4lbs! I'm so confused because I figured even though I did skip a few meals, grabbing a pizza or snacking on cookies would more than make up for the missed calories. Does anyone know why this might happen? I;m wondering if maybe my scales are broken.........

Replies

• muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Give it a couple of days once you're back on track and see what happens. It may be that whatever you were doing before all this caught up with you in a lump sum. You'll know more once you've restabilized your routines. I hope whatever the bad news was has resolved.
  • cindydufield
    cindydufield Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i think when we follow it so closely the body does not give up anything... but then when your body says feed me it starts too burn it , that was me that week, but i do wait a couple of days to confirm the loss
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I think that stress can cause us to either gain or loose weight. Everyone's body handles things differently
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you were restricting yourself before. I have broken two major plateaus by eating more calories on purpose. It was very hard to do but it worked. Some times you can jump start your metabolism by "tricking it" The only part that makes me worry if it will catch up with you is that you did it for a whole week. When I do it I go over one or maybe two days then I get back on track. Good Luck I hope it stays off, if not don't get discouraged you will get back on it! I hope things are going well for you now.:smile:
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    If I read your post right, eating pizza may have actually helped. Weird, I know. But a lot of people have "cheat days" or "free days" or just cheat and free meals. Either way, straying away from your diet can actually boost your metabolism. I once read somewhere that professional body builders and models will often go on diets and things before competitions, and then pig out the next day and look leaner than they did earlier!

Also, the stress could have effected your weight loss. Some people gain when they're stressed, others lose. Looks like you're a loser. :) Congrats on your weight loss! Keep it up!