85 pounds to lose...need your support

Options
Hello everyone, I'm new to this site as of January 1st - I'm 50 years old and when I started on Jan 1 weighed in at 220.9 lbs. (that was my pregnancy weight 24 years ago!)...NOT ACCEPTABLE! I'm tired of using food as my comfort, but being an empty nester now, sometimes it's difficult not to turn to food for "company".

I managed to lose 30 lbs. following the Scarsdale Diet (yea it's really old - but works for me) a year and a half ago - but after planning a wedding and moving to another state last year I've gained 20 back - it's gotta go!!! So went back on the Scarsdale Tuesday.

Support please??

Replies

• Leslieannmccalla
    Options
    Hello I am Leslie 30 years old and I need to lose 100 lbs. I have a 4 year old and I need to be healthy for her and to enjoy life. So lets do it together.
  • Cfleming2007
    Options
    Now you have us for company so you don't have to use food!! Congrats on making the decision to make a change, and best of luck.
  • lhalket
    lhalket Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes let's do it! My biggest obstacle is getting motivated for exercise, which I know is key.
  • jenfrazier13
    Options
    Hi there! I am right there with you. I weigh more right now than I did when pregnant with my son. Sad, but true. I can't keep up with my kids like I should be able to and honestly, it's scary and embarrassing. I need as much support as possible so I know how you feel!
  • nickielouise36
    nickielouise36 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hiya welcome... ive been on this site ages but had my 3rd child so bk on it now.. i need support too.. nd this site is great for it ... im 30 with 3 children, my youngest bein 6 months.. im weighing 15stone 9.. lost 5 lbs in a week.. so im geting there.. nd u can too... im exactly the same use food nd my hectic life as an excuse not to lose weight but enough is enough..
    my new sayings at the moment.. A YEAR FROM NOW YOU WILL WISH YOU HAD STARTED TODAY... so thats my plan
    good luck xx
  • Smorsb
    Smorsb Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You have my support. Take it one day at a time. I know it is hard to exercise however anything is better than nothing. Even a walk around the block is good.:smile:
  • kev80247
    kev80247 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    H
  • sdomski1
    Options
    I'm right there with you!!!! 100+ to lose!!!! WE CAN DO THIS! We've given birth for heaven sakes;)
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have roughly 90 lbs I need to lose. I can always use friends. Feel free to add me. (This goes for anyone, the more the merrier).
  • UtahSlim
    UtahSlim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 90 but will start with a goal of 45! I need, truly need a support network. I am in it for the long haul.:smile:
  • AmesMc1972
    AmesMc1972 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have 100 to lose. Feel free to add me! I've used this sie and thie past and was able to lose 60 pounds, so it does work if you stick with it. Good luck!
  • Freedomgurl585
    Freedomgurl585 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I'm Nell and I need to lose 100+. Here to motivate and support each other! It's hard but we can and WILL.