Starting today

Options
Hi I'm just starting today. I want to lose weight for many health reasons. I'm 66 years old so much older than most of you but would appreciate any tips and encouragement I can get. I have Fibomyalgia and COPD. So this cuts down on many excerises I can do I'm also on oxygen with excertion. I can do the treadmill while wearing oxygen just not very fast. I just need to work up the nerve to go to the gym wearing the oxygen. I know I also need to get my eating under control, which we all know is easier said than done. Thank you Teddie K

Replies

• nickielouise36
    nickielouise36 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hiya .. welcome .. my only advice would to be take 1 step at a time.. so perhaps concentrate on ur diet nd lose weight then once u lost some.. start thinking bout exercise.. nd take it easy.. perhaps when ur ready do stuff in the house.. then u will have confidence to go gym with the oxygen .. im tarting back now im 16 stome with 3 young children so for me im just focusing on my eating nd diet .. before exercise.. feel free to add me .. good luck xxx
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Tell you what, you go into the gym wearing oxygen, you'll make everyone there feel inferior! That's dedication!
  • akhilton
    Options
    Hey - combine with exercise is my advice.

I am back on here after a year away - before that I lost a stone and a half - as really pleased - then a few life changes happened and I have gained most of it again.

taking 2013 as a new start and keeping a full food diary, training for a half marathon and generally feeling more confident about things!

Remember, 1 slip up and eating of a cake is not a disaster - doing it again because you feel rubbish is.
  • norlrae
    Options
    First time here .. did not even know this existed . Well .. down25 pounds due mostly to the protein shakes .. having a hard time not drinking water when I eat but still learning .. it has been 3 weeks since my procedure .. so far so good ..
  • Clarkesa
    Clarkesa Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am new too, we're starting our journey together xxx good luck
  • TeddieK
    TeddieK Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you all and a special thank you to emany.
    Now can any one explain how I can get back to a cetain post each time?
    Good luck to everyone. I'm feeling all the support you can get here.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about forum posts, "My Topics" is a list of all threads to which you've contributed.
    This one is yours:
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/post/by_user/33953526

I look forward to seeing you at the gym putting those kids to shame!