russell stovers

Options
i was just wondering if anyone has tried the sugar free russell stovers candy?
is it any good? does it have an after taste?
thoughts and comments please

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I would pass. Sugar free does not mean calorie free or carb free. :) Just saying...........
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary I eat they every day.
  • JimLeonardRN
    JimLeonardRN Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I like them!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I would rather lick dog turds than eat russel stover "candy"
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Unless your diabetic I wouldn't even try it. Its not the sugar you need to fear so much as all the fat!! If you really want chocolate then stick with dark chocolates. Its lower in fat and better for you. I swore off all milk chocolates a couple years ago. Now if I have milk chocolate it tastes nasty. Got so used to eating dark chocolate now that I can't stand the milk stuff. Never thought I would see the day I would be saying that! I was a milk chocolate junkie. Used to hate dark. Now its the other way around. Get yourself a bag of individual dove dark chocolates. Each piece is only 43 calories. Treat yourself to one a day or once a week. Thats what I do. Then I don't feel deprived.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I like them. Most of them are based on sugar alcohols which don't have an aftertaste (for most people), but can cause digestive upsets (I can eat about 4 with no problem). They still have plenty of calories, as the chocolates use real cocoa butter. But, they don't trigger my sugar cravings like real sweets do. I like the mint patties best.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to ever try it. I just eat the regular version and keep the amount small. (Save the rest for another day!)

I love Russell Stover's! There are very few American candy companies that come close to tasting as good.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I love the pecan delights but no more than one a day due to the calories, sugar alcohols and expense.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Since I count net carbs, it is a good fit for me. And they do taste good but they do cause digestive issues!! If you are more focused on calories then follow the advice of the others. But if you are low carving, give them a try. But be warned: DO NOT EAT MORE THAN 2 PIECES A DAY!!!! And definitely do not eat them before you go to church or some place where you are around a lot of people unless there is a dog you can blame it on!!!!!