A short girl looking for friends and motivation :)

Options
Hello friends!

My name is Jacquie and I am 5'2 and weigh 150. When I tell people I weigh 150 (including my family) they tend to go on a big rant about how I "don't look big" and I'm "so small" but what they don't see is how I look with a bathing suit on or how I just don't feel great in my own skin. I feel weighed down and uncomfortable and I don't want to feel like that anymore. My goal is to lose 25 pounds and feel better and look better and be healthy.

I know it's going to be tough but I know we can do this :)

Replies

• ajohnson1567
    ajohnson1567 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WERE YOUR COMING FROM, IM 5'3'' AND WEIGHT 165. ALL MY FRIENDS THINK IM CRAZY FOR GOING ON A DIET BUT I DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE IN A SWIM SUIT SO I BELIEVE I NEED A DEIT CHANGE. IF YOU NEED SOME MOTIVATION I CAN HELP WITH THAT. IM GOOD AT MOTIVATING OTHERS JUST NOT MY SELF SOME TIMES. :) GOOD LUCK
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Definitely get where you're coming from. It's annoying when others say "you're too skinny" when I know I'm not. It's not a perception issue, it's that don't get to see all of the body. It's not minor imperfections either. A healthy bmi and fat percentage would be nice. Please feel free to add if you need support.
  • andreamossy
    andreamossy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Well I hear ya! I am also 5'2....before christmas I weighed 148 and now a whopping 155. People also also always tell me I don't look that big.....very frustrating. I took a break from the gym but am back at it big time (I just got engaged) and I am having nightmares about seeing my arms in a strapless white gown. Hang in there and please pass on the motivation
  • luvinna
    luvinna Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm right with you, too. The first time I got serious about losing weight 4 years ago, the thing I always heard from people is "you don't need to lose weight!" So annoying because I weighed 163 and I'm only 5'-1. I lost 37 pounds in 2009-10, but then put 30 back on when I started working a desk job again in 2011. I was introduced to MFP last November at 156 and it's really helped because my biggest problem (and I've known this for a while) is that I just eat too much (LOVE food!). Tracking my food helps keep me accountable.

Friend me if you like. :smile:
  • jacquelynnmarie
    jacquelynnmarie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WERE YOUR COMING FROM, IM 5'3'' AND WEIGHT 165. ALL MY FRIENDS THINK IM CRAZY FOR GOING ON A DIET BUT I DONT FEEL COMFORTABLE IN A SWIM SUIT SO I BELIEVE I NEED A DEIT CHANGE. IF YOU NEED SOME MOTIVATION I CAN HELP WITH THAT. IM GOOD AT MOTIVATING OTHERS JUST NOT MY SELF SOME TIMES. :) GOOD LUCK

So glad there are others who can relate! I actually took pictures of me in my bathing suit when I weighed the most and I'm excited to see what i can accomplish :)
  • jacquelynnmarie
    Options
    Definitely get where you're coming from. It's annoying when others say "you're too skinny" when I know I'm not. It's not a perception issue, it's that don't get to see all of the body. It's not minor imperfections either. A healthy bmi and fat percentage would be nice. Please feel free to add if you need support.

Exactly. I know my BMI and fat percentage are not where they should be or where I would like them to be and I want to change that too.
  • jacquelynnmarie
    Options
    Well I hear ya! I am also 5'2....before christmas I weighed 148 and now a whopping 155. People also also always tell me I don't look that big.....very frustrating. I took a break from the gym but am back at it big time (I just got engaged) and I am having nightmares about seeing my arms in a strapless white gown. Hang in there and please pass on the motivation

I gained 5 pounds during the holidays so I completely understand that! I joined a gym in November and I've been going at least once a week but I'd like to get in a groove to where I go at least three times a week. And I totally get the arms thing! I'm not engaged lol but I feel like my arms is definitely one of the spots that I've gained the most weight. I hate it lol.
  • jacquelynnmarie
    Options
    I'm right with you, too. The first time I got serious about losing weight 4 years ago, the thing I always heard from people is "you don't need to lose weight!" So annoying because I weighed 163 and I'm only 5'-1. I lost 37 pounds in 2009-10, but then put 30 back on when I started working a desk job again in 2011. I was introduced to MFP last November at 156 and it's really helped because my biggest problem (and I've known this for a while) is that I just eat too much (LOVE food!). Tracking my food helps keep me accountable.

Friend me if you like. :smile:

I eat way too much too! I know people who say they wish they didn't have to eat because they don't like to do it but I absolutely love food. Love going out to dinner and enjoying the experience of everything so that's something I need to work on too :)
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm 5'2'' and I've fluctuated with weighing in the 160's for the most part of 2012. I'm not the skinniest person but I guess I hold my "weight well" whatever that means. I stepped on the scale in front of my boyfriend and he said, "there's no way you weigh 167!" Well that's what the scale says. I've gained about 30-40 pounds since high school. 2013 will be my year. My love for fast food and cooking comfort foods have hurt my waist line. My UWG is 128 by my 28th birthday.
  • knitterly
    knitterly Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I joined in June of 2012. I'm 5'2" and my starting weight was 160lb. I'm now 134 and only 5lbs from my goal weight! No one but my husband told me to my face that i needed to lose weight, but everyone says I look really good now. LOL. I dropped from a size 16 to a size 10 and am contemplating size 8s now, too.

I managed not to gain during the holidays, but I didn't lose very much either. It didn't help that we got 2' of snow the weekend before Christmas and that a cold spell came through. I havne't been able to go out running at all! And the holiday food was SO addictive!

I think this last 5lb will be very slow in coming off. I'm keeping my calories about 125 below my maintenance level and am coming in about 100 calories down from my limit each day. Some days I don't come in under by more than 5-10, but I never really go over unless I intend to have a cheat day. and even then, it's by less than 200 over. As my husband constantly tells me, "if you cheat and go over by 200, then you're really not over your maintenance level, so the worst that will happen is a lack of progress. Go ahead, enjoy dinner!" It makes me much more sane. If it takes me 10 weeks to lose the last 5lbs, then it takes me 10 weeks.
  • juanitajohnston
    juanitajohnston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I read your heading and thought, "YES!" sounds like me. I lost 12 lbs last ̱year and have completely gained it back and then some. I developed a problem with my plantar fasciitis just when I was at my most fit and I haven't properly trained or exercised consistently in 7 months. Now I am starting over at 160 lbs. My nephew is the only one who was honest to my face about how I looked so I'm trying to find my motivation. Feel free to add me. I'm pretty certain my BMI states that I am morbidly obese by now. Boo!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    me too! I am 5"2. I have been told something like, yeah I'm fat but I'm not BIG... lol well I gained weight since then so I supposed I'm both. I want to be smaller though!
  • jacquelynnmarie
    Options
    I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm 5'2'' and I've fluctuated with weighing in the 160's for the most part of 2012. I'm not the skinniest person but I guess I hold my "weight well" whatever that means. I stepped on the scale in front of my boyfriend and he said, "there's no way you weigh 167!" Well that's what the scale says. I've gained about 30-40 pounds since high school. 2013 will be my year. My love for fast food and cooking comfort foods have hurt my waist line. My UWG is 128 by my 28th birthday.

That's what my boyfriend said too when I weighed myself at 162 last summer! I've gained a lot since high school too. And I am the same exact way with the fast food and comfort foods. That sounds like a great goal. You can do it :)
  • jacquelynnmarie
    Options
    You can do it! I joined in June of 2012. I'm 5'2" and my starting weight was 160lb. I'm now 134 and only 5lbs from my goal weight! No one but my husband told me to my face that i needed to lose weight, but everyone says I look really good now. LOL. I dropped from a size 16 to a size 10 and am contemplating size 8s now, too.

I managed not to gain during the holidays, but I didn't lose very much either. It didn't help that we got 2' of snow the weekend before Christmas and that a cold spell came through. I havne't been able to go out running at all! And the holiday food was SO addictive!

I think this last 5lb will be very slow in coming off. I'm keeping my calories about 125 below my maintenance level and am coming in about 100 calories down from my limit each day. Some days I don't come in under by more than 5-10, but I never really go over unless I intend to have a cheat day. and even then, it's by less than 200 over. As my husband constantly tells me, "if you cheat and go over by 200, then you're really not over your maintenance level, so the worst that will happen is a lack of progress. Go ahead, enjoy dinner!" It makes me much more sane. If it takes me 10 weeks to lose the last 5lbs, then it takes me 10 weeks.

Good for you! You're great inspiration :)
  • jacquelynnmarie
    Options
    I read your heading and thought, "YES!" sounds like me. I lost 12 lbs last ̱year and have completely gained it back and then some. I developed a problem with my plantar fasciitis just when I was at my most fit and I haven't properly trained or exercised consistently in 7 months. Now I am starting over at 160 lbs. My nephew is the only one who was honest to my face about how I looked so I'm trying to find my motivation. Feel free to add me. I'm pretty certain my BMI states that I am morbidly obese by now. Boo!

I was hoping people could relate! I lost 16 pounds as of November but stopped dieting over the holidays and gained 5 pounds. I wish someone had told me to my face I've been the only one thinking and feeling everything so it's been tough. I have faith in us :)
  • jacquelynnmarie
    Options
    me too! I am 5"2. I have been told something like, yeah I'm fat but I'm not BIG... lol well I gained weight since then so I supposed I'm both. I want to be smaller though!

Lol same here!
  • oDapho
    oDapho Posts: 50
    Options
    I'm right with you, I'm 5'3 and weighed myself yesterday. I've gained 13 pounds since my last weigh-in! I think it's muscle because my measurements are the same, but even so, I'd like to lose a couple pant sizes. I know it's possible, for me and for you as well.
  • jacquelynnmarie
    Options
    I'm right with you, I'm 5'3 and weighed myself yesterday. I've gained 13 pounds since my last weigh-in! I think it's muscle because my measurements are the same, but even so, I'd like to lose a couple pant sizes. I know it's possible, for me and for you as well.

I totally agree on the pants sizes. I would love to not be in the double digits. We can do this :)
  • momsarah12
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and i weight 176 lbs, I completely understand. After having 2 kids I gained 50 lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5 ft.. so any weight tends to show :( I need motivation too!