A little disappointed...

Options
Okay, I have been working my rear off and really watching what I eat with the exception of maybe 4-6 days (I usually give myself a "free" day once a week). I figured I would have lost much more than the 10 pounds I have lost. Yes, I know it is better not to lose too much too quickly, but I was hoping to see a larger loss than 10 pounds.

I work my rear off nearly every day (except my "free" day), but I may actually start doing weight training on that day instead of cardio. I know I can lose the weight, but I didn't think it would be so difficult!

Why did I have a nearly 3 pound loss last week and only a 1 pound loss this week (I almost didn't have that)? I feel great, just a little disappointed in my progress.

I am sure I will get over it. I just have to remember my ulltimate goal.

Replies

• durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    That's everyone. Your body puts up a fight just stay on routine. Good luck youll do fine :)
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    1/2 to 2 pounds per week is considered a healthy weight loss. You lost an extra one week and lost one less the next week. It didn't come on overnight and it's not going to go off overnight. As long as you don't stay in the same place or gain, you're doing a great job!
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    That is just how it works. Your body has to adjust to the loss. You will lose again soon.
    Keep up the good work.
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm working my butt off too. Eating no more then what MFP tells me I'm supposed to eat, and 1 hour long workouts 6 days a week, and I'm losing 1 lbs a week. It's a slow process, but I'm continuing with my routine. At this rate I'm going to reach my goal in 7 months if I don't hit a platue. Fingers crossed. Skinny doesn't happen overnight, unfortunately. I guess if it was easy everyone would be doing it, and this site wouldn't exist. Good job so far, and keep it up. Once we are at our goal, it's going to feel like it breezed by.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!