Brought tears to my eyes, part II, SEE PICTURE!

Options
bethinagain
bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
For those of you who did not read the original story thread.....I have copied it here again.

There were alot of request for me to post a picture.....so here it is!

I have a wedding that I'm invited to this Saturday, so a week ago I went into my closet and all my dresses are a size 20 and/or 22. That's what I've been in for the last 6 years! I tried them all on and they fell off! It was a great feeling, but I was scared because that meant that I would have to go shopping! I hate shopping for clothes because it's always been a disappointment for me. Nothing ever looked good and I always dreaded the stores.

I had no choice, so I went to the store tonight. Found 3 dresses that I loved. Asked the sales lady if she could help me find these dresses in a size 18. She did and I tried the first one on and it fell off. I figured it was the style so I tried one of the other 2 and it fell off. Confused, I asked her if they run big and she said "no" if anything they run small. I laughed and asked her to replace all 3 dresses with size 16's. As she was fetching my dresses off the racks I was standing in the dressing room with the biggest smile on my face. Just the thought of getting into a size 16!!!! She brought them to me and I tried one by one on only to find out that they were falling off of me.

I stepped out of the dressing room with one of them on and she looked at me with a smile and said I'll fetch you size 14 in that. Now I'm in the dressing room in my undergarments doing the happy dance, smiling and laughing at this point. She brought it to me, I slipped into it and walked out of the dressing room so proud. She said I looked great, then she came up behind me and pinched an inch of the dress on both sides at the seams. She said it's possible that a 12 might fit me better. She brought me a 12, it zipped right up and fit like a glove. I started crying! She was soooo happy for me that she started crying too! I don't even know her but she felt my happiness. That was fun and I can't wait to go shopping again! Tonight was a good night!

597796_8365.jpg?2080

Replies

• OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goodness! You look ABSOLUTELY amazing! All that work has been worth it! Just look at you now!
    I can't imagine how proud you are of yourself. I love MFP, it changes lives! :)
  • durbanski
    durbanski Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Awesome job you've done great :! Look smokin hot :)
  • khillman77
    Options
    you look great! :smile:
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    that dress still looks roomy! you might need a slinkier style dress hot stuff!! great job!!
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Awwww...tears flowing here too! You are doing a great job..keep it up! You look great!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I'M crying too!!!!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It must feel so amazing. Great work!
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Looking good, amazing job! :flowerforyou:
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes too!!

Oh well done you! You look fantastic :flowerforyou:
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    your bringing tears to my eyes, I am so happy for you. What a great accomplishment, you look awsome! :flowerforyou:
  • amandaklempay
    Options
    wow that is awesome congrats!!!!
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: That is absolutely fabulous!!! I am so happy for you!!!:drinker:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    You look great I'm confused though you went from 186 to 167 which is 19 pounds and lost 5 clothing sizes. What kind of exercises did you do to lose so many inches?
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    Options
    that is AMAZING. I'm in a wedding in October and hope I can get down about 4-5 sizes too :)
  • bethinagain
    Options
    Opps double post!
  • bethinagain
    Options
    You look great I'm confused though you went from 186 to 167 which is 19 pounds and lost 5 clothing sizes. What kind of exercises did you do to lose so many inches?

Unfortunetaly, I was cursed with a 42DD bust size which always made me wear a larger size then the rest of my body. When I was wearing a 22 the rest of my body was an 18 or 20. As for the inches lost......alot of "at home" floor routines. 600 sit-ups per day. push-ups, jumping jacks, anything I could do with my children and they would think it's fun. Lots of walking (pushing all five kids in a six seatter stroller) for miles. Changed it up daily and weekly. Cut out the "fat" in most of my foods. I still have a looooooong way to go!:smile:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    OK now I get it my sister in-law is built like that also. Her pants are small but larger on top. Well I lost 22 pounds but it doesnt even show I still have about 124 more pounds to go so it's a long way to that size 16 or 18 that I want to get down to. I want to lose a minimum of 10 pounds a month and maximum the sky's the limit Then when I get down to that weight I'll see if I want to go farther Any way congrats to you, you should be very proud .
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You look Wonderful. Congradulations!!!!!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story it was truly inspiring!
  • acousins
    acousins Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow, good job you did a good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!