My little CrossFit "win" this morning

Options
So I've been carrying a cold around since this weekend. I did CrosFit Monday and wiped out after 2 of 5 rounds of hell (tough WOD). I went again today and told the instructor I was still a little under weather. There was only 3 of us this morning (6am) due to the "cold" (in FL 43 is cold).

I set up and we did 20 min AMRAP of

100 rope skip
weighted gym walk (1)
10 burpee broadjumps
20 KBS
30 roman ab twists (or whatever it was called) with KB

Out of the 3 I was the only one to be almost done with a 3rd set. And yes, the others had been doing it longer than me.

Yea... I also felt even better after and I think cold is pretty much killed. Back to CF Monday morning!

Replies

• christyd4
    Options
    Good Job! I love Cross FIt and wish I had the money to get back into it!
  • malinen23
    malinen23 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I love Crossfit. You should be proud of yourself. The fact that you do Crossfit puts you a step above the rest. Keep up the good work.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!

I love CrossFit and do i at least three days a week - wish I had more time to do it every day.

I did "100's" and "Filthy 50" not to long ago and beat my trainer's time - that was a definite NSV for me!!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I went last night and the night before. Got congestion from a cold but I still did it.

Wednesday WOD: "Tabata This"
    8 rounds of rows,squats,pull ups,situps and pushups.

Thursday WOD:

For time:

15 foot Rope climb, 5 ascents
    145 pound Clean and jerk, 5 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 4 ascents
    165 pound Clean and jerk, 4 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 3 ascents
    185 pound Clean and jerk, 3 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 2 ascents
    205 pound Clean and jerk, 2 reps
    15 foot Rope climb, 1 ascent
    225 pound Clean and jerk, 1 rep

Needless to say I'm not going tonight to run in the cold and do double unders.
    I alternate 3 days weighting and 3 days crossfit, 7th day I rest or colapse,lol.
  • Felidae_1981
    Felidae_1981 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I just started CF again (did some with a personal trainer before) and I am glad I did. It's expensive but I canceled my regular gym for it and it's across the street from my house (5 minute walk if it's light out, otherwise I drive)

My intention is to go 3x per week - Mon, Wed and Fri mornings at 6am. I've been slacking in lifting and this puts me back on track I hope. Also then I have worked out for the day and can focus on other things - like salsa dancing :P

Then I run Saturdays with my friends and some Sundays we go for bike rides (20+ miles)
  • Par8hed4life
    Par8hed4life Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I am getting my CF membership this weekend!! I'm SO excited! A friend of our in FL owns a CF gym and has been telling me to go for years now. Why did it take me so long to do it??!!!

He owns West Jax CF---do you go there by chance?
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Doing wall balls today, I had to keep stopping to blow my nose. With the head tilted back I kept getting post nasal drip and gagging. lol Yeah, Crossfit strong.
  • Linds_Joy
    Options
    I just joined CF and I love it. I haven't been since I have a head cold as well but I'm not willing to gag and try to catch my breath between wall balls lol YOU GO GIRL!!
  • Felidae_1981
    Options
    He owns West Jax CF---do you go there by chance?

No, I live in Orlando...sounds like he is Jacksonville?

I need to renew my membership tomorrow - bye bye money :( But I don't wanna stop!!
  • Felidae_1981
    Options
    Doing wall balls today, I had to keep stopping to blow my nose. With the head tilted back I kept getting post nasal drip and gagging. lol Yeah, Crossfit strong.

Hah, been there, done that ;)