Restarting today, wishing I had "just done it" last year!

Options
Another year has passed and with it went the opportunity to already be where I wanted to be (at least almost there!). Last year, I didn't post on any boards and didn't look for support from others. I think that's where I went wrong. Maybe I'm just more ready to do it this year but I could really use some friends to encourage me and keep me on the right track. I'm happy to do the same! :happy:

Replies

• stacy_rihel
    Options
    Hi Suzeq, I feel completely the same way. I have actually gained weight since i first joined this website. I had dropped some in 2010, but i gained it back plus. I am also restarting this year! Good luck and I am certainly open to some friend support!

Stacy
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No how u feel x it's being in the right frame of mind x
  • sixpackdream
    sixpackdream Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just think, next year at this time you don't have to say the same thing. A year passes faster than you think!
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh - I know how you feel. Every year goes by and I think I should start `now` because summer is coming. I don`t and a few months later I am beating myself up about it. This year I did not want to wait until January so i started two days before Halloween. Halloween was hard to get thru and I did hit some bumps but at least I didn`t put any weight on. Then in the beginning of November I wasn`t too serious but logged in everyday. Then middle of November I started to get serious about my eating. Then end of November I joined the group `30-day shred`and I was off. A week into it I hurt my knee - that dam Jillian Michaels! I took one day off and went back into it for another week and then I had to stop - made my knee worse. Gave up all exercise for a week then started with my own exercise regime. Christmas and new years was difficult and I fell off the wagon over a few days. It is harder than I remember - so easy to put the weight on, and so hard to get it off. I have to keep telling myself that it has to be a life change - not a temporary weight loss. It is now January 2013 and I have lost 9 pounds - shooting for 40 lbs in total. I am so glad that I started when I did or I wouldn`t have lost any weight. It also forced me to be good over Christmas - well, maybe better than I would have been had I not been watching what I was eating. It is a certain mindset and you can do it. The key is to start `NOW` so you won`t regret it a couple of months from now. Good luck!
  • kylawelsh
    kylawelsh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I restart every day and every meal. I make that decision to eat right, make the right choices and when I get off track, I restart again. I find tracking my food very helpful. It's on all my tech gadgets so I can easily access the site. It's about getting healthy and you will get there.
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    YOU are not alone. I just posted about this exact same thing! GOOD LUCK and add me if you need a friend!