Fitness NSV

Options
I'm right in the middle of my weight loss right now, I've dropped 43 pounds and, though I'm feeling great, it's getting harder to stay super motivated all the time. The initial thrill is gone and healthy living is more routine now. So while running this morning I was reflecting on my body and how it's changed since I began this journey about 6 months ago.
Some NSV:
My elbow and knee actually touch when I do bicycle crunches now!!!! (this is very recent and has me thrilled)
I can now stretch out my quad by reaching across my back with the opposite hand (I was never flexible enough to d it before)
I can run!!!! (I cried last spring when I tried to and physically could not run I was so fat and out of shape)
I'm strong! (whenever I carry something you can see my arm muscles flex!)

I'm so grateful that I love myself enough to change. I love myself enough to fight through everything. I love myself enough to want to be the best I can be!

Replies

• sarrymerry
    sarrymerry Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Thanks for this post, I'm in a very similar situation, and its hard to keep the motivation going strong, day after day after ay , now that the initial push is long gone. I too am finding these sorts of NSVs and feeling healthy for the first time in years!! Woohoo! go us! We can continue to do what has become mundane
    because of self love! All you need is love! SELF LOVE!
  • clalumelia2
    clalumelia2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your story is truly inspiring.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great motivation.
  • florymonde
    florymonde Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! You've gotta take care of yourself!
  • trudyblender
    trudyblender Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's so great. I am proud of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!