Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Restarting today, wishing I had "just done it" last year!

Another year has passed and with it went the opportunity to already be where I wanted to be (at least almost there!). Last year, I didn't post on any boards and didn't look for support from others. I think that's where I went wrong. Maybe I'm just more ready to do it this year but I could really use some friends to encourage me and keep me on the right track. I'm happy to do the same! :happy:

Replies

• Hi Suzeq, I feel completely the same way. I have actually gained weight since i first joined this website. I had dropped some in 2010, but i gained it back plus. I am also restarting this year! Good luck and I am certainly open to some friend support!

Stacy
  • pauladick
    pauladick Posts: 61 Member
    No how u feel x it's being in the right frame of mind x
  • sixpackdream
    sixpackdream Posts: 55 Member
    Just think, next year at this time you don't have to say the same thing. A year passes faster than you think!
  • alevett
    alevett Posts: 79 Member
    Oh my gosh - I know how you feel. Every year goes by and I think I should start `now` because summer is coming. I don`t and a few months later I am beating myself up about it. This year I did not want to wait until January so i started two days before Halloween. Halloween was hard to get thru and I did hit some bumps but at least I didn`t put any weight on. Then in the beginning of November I wasn`t too serious but logged in everyday. Then middle of November I started to get serious about my eating. Then end of November I joined the group `30-day shred`and I was off. A week into it I hurt my knee - that dam Jillian Michaels! I took one day off and went back into it for another week and then I had to stop - made my knee worse. Gave up all exercise for a week then started with my own exercise regime. Christmas and new years was difficult and I fell off the wagon over a few days. It is harder than I remember - so easy to put the weight on, and so hard to get it off. I have to keep telling myself that it has to be a life change - not a temporary weight loss. It is now January 2013 and I have lost 9 pounds - shooting for 40 lbs in total. I am so glad that I started when I did or I wouldn`t have lost any weight. It also forced me to be good over Christmas - well, maybe better than I would have been had I not been watching what I was eating. It is a certain mindset and you can do it. The key is to start `NOW` so you won`t regret it a couple of months from now. Good luck!
  • kylawelsh
    kylawelsh Posts: 10 Member
    I restart every day and every meal. I make that decision to eat right, make the right choices and when I get off track, I restart again. I find tracking my food very helpful. It's on all my tech gadgets so I can easily access the site. It's about getting healthy and you will get there.
  • YOU are not alone. I just posted about this exact same thing! GOOD LUCK and add me if you need a friend!