Happy Weight?

Options
1-What is your "Happy Weight"?
2- How far are you from it?
3-How long ago was it that you were at that weight?
4-What did you like most about it?
5-Is it feasible that you could weigh that again or should you adjust your
goal due to aging?

Replies

• GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    1-Happy Weight was around 191; but happy body was 195-198
    2- I'm about 20 lbs from it
    3- It's been a year-started 2012 at 191; hit 195-198 mid year
    4-At 191 I liked the number; at 195-198 I liked how toned I looked
    5-I still feel the goal is feasible to obtain; just requires more diligence/dedication and to stop letting my work schedule control me.
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    My happy weight was 140. It was my lowest adult weight and I accomplished it two years ago. I have since gained back 20 pounds with less than perfect maintenance habits so I am losing again. For some people my height (5'4") , 140 is way too big but I have a large frame and carry it well. I was in a size 6 pants. I hope to get back to that weight again. About 15 pounds to go!
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    1- My Happy Weight was 117.
    2- I'm close, but not close enough, 10lbs is a struggle.
    3- Last time I was that weight was in 2008. ;(
    4- I feel like I looked better in photos and finding pants that fit was not as big a problem. I also like my face and sholders at that weight better.
    5-I don't know that I can do it anymore, I am getting older and I worry that I may never ever be there again.... ;(
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    1 - Anywhere in the 110-115 range.
    2 - I'm a bit over 15 pounds away from it.
    3 - Two and a half years. I haven't been this weight since I had my thyroid removed.
    4 - I liked how I looked and how I felt. I'm really small, not exceptionally short, just small-framed, and I looked my best there.
    5 - Honestly, I don't know. I'm 18 years old, it's not aging that concerns me, it's the thyroid. I don't know if I can achieve it at the rate I'm going.
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    It used to be 100-105.
    Post-child, I was happy at 110.
    Now, I'm going for 113 because I am finally proud of my curves and don't need to be "skinny".
  • Lakshmi_13
    Lakshmi_13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Happy Weight? I have no idea what this means? As far as I am concerned I am happy with my weight now. I am happy.

My lowest adult weight was about 120. I liked how I looked then BUT i was 25 years old. So, my happy weight would be where I can eat real food and enjoy living.
  • roguestates
    Options
    Honestly, at my lowest weight (120-130), I thought I was obese and felt severely unhappy. Obviously with the perspective I have now, I would love to shake my younger self out of the destructive tendencies! Weight didn't matter to me, but my health was clearly not good. I'm working on health, now, and will gladly take whatever aesthetic benefits it brings.
  • bbmkr3
    bbmkr3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1-What is your "Happy Weight"?
    2- How far are you from it?
    3-How long ago was it that you were at that weight?
    4-What did you like most about it?
    5-Is it feasible that you could weigh that again or should you adjust your
    goal due to aging?

1 My happy weight would be around 130
    2 17 pounds
    3 About two years ago before I quit smoking
    4 Never really thought about it
    5 I am DETERMINED to get there, I WILL get there, just may take some time. I chose 130 because of my age so no adjustment necessary :wink: If I lose a little more I would be ok with it but it's not the end of the world.
  • Anonymity
    Options
    1- My Happy Weight" is 118lbs
    2- 14lbs
    3- 5-6years ago
    4- I felt fit, not too tiny and not too curvy for my height. on a small frame of 5'3" 5lbs shows a lot, especially in my face!
    5- I'm not sure- need help here! I'm 31 (going on 32). In my mid-20s I was similarly active (I currently workout 3-5times a week). I think because I do more strength training I have more muscle mass now than I did then (back then i did primarily cardio). I recently got my body comp measured and was 26.6% fat, my goal is at least 25%. Is 118lb a realistic weight for me now?