salad dressing recipe w no oil/mayo

Options
shonovo
shonovo Posts: 104
anyone have any ideas of a salad dressing recipe with no oil/mayo and preferable as close to 0 calories as possible... im getting really bored of my lemon juice and spices every day... maybe something with vinegar or dijon mustard? thanks in advance!

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I haven't made any, but I googled it and this link came up: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_salad_dressing_recipes
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I make my own concoction, vinegar, natvia, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and a teeny tiny dash of sesame oil....
  • shonovo
    Options
    I make my own concoction, vinegar, natvia, salt, pepper, chilli flakes and a teeny tiny dash of sesame oil....

is natvia a sweetner? can i substitute stevia?
  • shonovo
    Options
    I haven't made any, but I googled it and this link came up: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_salad_dressing_recipes

thanks i will check it out!
  • paprikas
    paprikas Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yes natvia is just a local brand of stevia. I love the stuff...
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

Sounds yummy
  • shonovo
    Options
    Yes natvia is just a local brand of stevia. I love the stuff...

thanks im going to try it!! i live on stevia :)!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I love the bottled honey mustard dressing, but got tired of try to find a version with less fat/cal. So now I just put honey mustard on my salad. Even better if it's mixed with a little chipotle or adobo sauce :) (Also my solution for adding flavor in just about every situation lol. chipotle mustard tastes so yummy on so many things!)

also, I've noticed if I eat a leafy salad with citrus pieces dressing isn't even needed.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Ingredients:
    Balsamic vinegar

Directions:
    Apply balsamic vinegar to salad. 10 calories in a tablespoon and you really don't need much.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I just use like 1/2 a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar, get a really big bowl, and make sure it gets all over everything by stirring it around for ages. But honestly, I prefer it with a tiny amount of olive oil too, and use it on days I can afford to.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Vinegar, diced hot peppers, a little salt and pepper. Apple cider, plain, whatever you prefer.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

thanks i will check it out!

If you are wanting a super low cal dressing, try the 1 cal per spray spritzers. I can eat a huge salad and only have to use 10 sprays or so... 10 calories of balsamic vinaigrette glory!

Your local grocery store should carry some of these, but if not, here is a link to amazon for them.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=salad+spritzer
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Orange Peach Mango Dressing

recipe courtesy Kitchen of Health

1 c. sliced peaches, peeled
    1 c. sliced mangoes, peeled
    1 c. orange juice
    1/2 c. rice vinegar
    1 Tb. grated fresh ginger
  • cheyennetheeventer
    cheyennetheeventer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Salsa makes for a delicious dressing if you ask me. Also love balsamic vinegar! :)
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Salsa makes for a delicious dressing if you ask me. Also love balsamic vinegar! :)

Same here! I'm always making fresh salsa and using it for salad dressing. So very tasty and healthy!
  • JPG1313
    JPG1313 Posts: 59
    Options
    I use the Italian seasoning mixes and just leave oil out, just water and vinegar.
  • EEpling89
    EEpling89 Posts: 152
    Options
    Sorry if someone already said this (I'm too lazy to click on links) but I'm a ranch addict and this saved my eternal soul. Mix some nonfat plain Greek yogurt with ranch seasoning mix in a packet (the ratio is a personal preference but I like mine really ranch-y) and add a splash of skim milk for consistency. Miraculous. It tastes just like ranch.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I use the Italian seasoning mixes and just leave oil out, just water and vinegar.

Thanks Good Idea, and certainly easier than the one i posted....probablyreallygood, will try it!
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Pickle juice........I LOVE IT. I also use pickles that I cut up in the salad for taste and crunch