Foreman Grll

Options
I just bought one yesterday and i am going to try it later tonight... What do you guys (who use them) think of them?

Thanks and God bless!
Ed

Replies

• weighstogo
    weighstogo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Ed,
    I have one and use it all the time. Chicken and fish are my favorites. The first time I used it, I fogot to put the little tray under it to catch the grease. What a mess. Dont make that mistake....
    Have fun with it.
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought one yet, but cooking meat and having the fats drain away is very healthy. Other people that have bought one (relatives in another state) like them. Hope that helps! BJB, USAF, Retired (I saw your picture.)
  • medtrans79
    Options
    I use mine all the time! Absolutely love it. I cook chicken, hot dogs, burgers, bacon, etc on it.
  • 2daughtermom
    Options
    My mom gave it to me for Christmas one year. When I use it, I love it. I'm divorced, so really don't cook that much.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    We received a Hamilton Beach grill (similar to the Foreman Grill) as a wedding gift years back and didn't start using it until middle of last year after watching an episode of Biggest Loser with a tip on cooking chicken with it. Before, we cooked chicken in a pan in the oven using butter (so fattening!) to keep it moist. With the grill, we just pound it to loosen it up, season as we want, then in 5 mins we get the juiciest, most tender piece of chicken ever!! Can't believe we had it all those years and didn't realize the possibilities!! Now we use it for not just chicken, but boneless pork chops and steak, fish and burgers. All turn out fantastic tasting and sooo much healthier for us!
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's the best kitchen gadget I've bought in the last couple of years, and I'm addicted to kitchen stuff so I think that's saying a lot :tongue: I cook pretty much anything on mine. Chicken, fish, pork chops, burgers, veggies like asparagus and zucchini. Last week I grilled some polenta and that came out great too. A great tip that I saw on another thread here that I've been using every since to clean it is once you're done cooking, unplug the machine and place a wet paper towel in the machine while it cools. Once it's sat for awhile and cool enough to the touch, you can wipe away all the crusty stuff with hardly any effort. It works wonders! I hope you enjoy your grill as much as I do :heart:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I love mine also.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    A great tip that I saw on another thread here that I've been using every since to clean it is once you're done cooking, unplug the machine and place a wet paper towel in the machine while it cools. Once it's sat for awhile and cool enough to the touch, you can wipe away all the crusty stuff with hardly any effort. It works wonders!
    I did not know that!!! I am definitely going to have to try that next time!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I just bought one a few months ago.... love it so far! I'll be making tuna steaks on it tonight I've also made burgers, boneless chicken breast, steaks, flounder, even made scrapple on it once, and all came out delicious. I got the kind where the grill plates come off to clean, which is great - I can just pop them in the dishwasher as they are dishwasher safe.
    :smile:
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use the grill quite a bit. I've grilled turkey burgers, chicken breasts, and veggies. I do use Pam on the grill prior to heating.
    I
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Love it love it love it. I cook everything, chicken, burgers, steak, shrimp. I also use it to make grilled sandwiches. Did I mention that I love it. :bigsmile:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I like to heat up my sandwiches on it like it's a panini press!
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Veggies and meat for me please! Fresh okra and eggplant are my favorite. I also use it a lot for chicken. Its so fast at great for my lunch break.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I love:heart: our George Foreman grill!!! I grill chicken on it, fish, shrimp, & steak kabobs on it! It is absolutely great & I truly believe it has helped my husband & I to lose much of our marriage weight! :bigsmile:
  • byHisgrace
    byHisgrace Posts: 175
    Options
    Thanks Ed, after reading this thread, I'm going to have to get one :) I usually broil chicken and fish in the oven, and am looking forward to having time to grill outside, but sounds like the Geroge would be a better alternative.
  • lovetodance
    Options
    I have had a couple...the first one was a small one that you could not take the trays out to wash. I also made the mistake of using Pam and messed up.....this caused everything to stick and damaged the finish.
    The second one I bought was detachable and I read the manual....duh... and did not use the Pam spray. It has worked wonderfully and I love being able to take the trays out to wash.
    Good luck with yours!