How many calories are you aiming to eat a day?

Options
And are you usually far under it?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    1700 as of right now, if I have time to workout tonight then it will be closer to 2100 and I'm usually with in 100 cals over/under my goal.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    2000-2300. I usually get close if not somewhere between those numbers.
  • squishy2981
    Options
    My goal every day is to create a 500 calorie deficit one way or the other. Currently, My BMR is 1525, so I almost always consume at least that much .But I also work out twice a day, rowing on my indoor rowing machine before work, then circuit weight training after work, and I almost always burn a minimum of 600 calories from my combined exercise. Like, yesterday I went over my 1525 by about 50 calories, but burned 782 calories during exercise, which left me with a 700+ calorie deficit for the day.
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I eat 1650 a day, and generally I'm not far under it. If anything, I'm working really hard to hit as close to that number as possible instead of getting careless and going over.
  • onono
    onono Posts: 25
    Options
    Am i eating too little? I try and eat 1200 a day but am usually a little under
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    About 2000 if i'm at work (I supervise a shop so on my feet all day) or at uni (a lot of walking) and if not then about 1700, but today was my day off but I've been shopping and done a lot of housework plus some revision (burning calories with my brain ;) haha) so I don't feel so guilty about going over by about 100.
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1200 and I'm usually pretty close if not a little bit under that. I haven't begun any exercise program yet (I HATE exercising!!!) so I'm just using calorie counting. I know I'll have to start soon to make it to goal. I've lost 115lbs from Jan 2011 to June 2012, but put about 25 back on. I went from size 24/26 to an 8 over summer when I got married and now I'm hovering around a 10/12. My goal is size 6...
  • kylawelsh
    kylawelsh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I aim for around 1500 a day, some days I am under, some days I am over, but it balances out in the end. I like to keep the body guessing so it doesn't get use to one way and hit a plateau.
  • squishy2981
    Options
    Depends on what your BMR is. You would have to tell us your stats, age, weight, and height.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    My goal every day is to create a 500 calorie deficit one way or the other. Currently, My BMR is 1525, so I almost always consume at least that much .But I also work out twice a day, rowing on my indoor rowing machine before work, then circuit weight training after work, and I almost always burn a minimum of 600 calories from my combined exercise. Like, yesterday I went over my 1525 by about 50 calories, but burned 782 calories during exercise, which left me with a 700+ calorie deficit for the day.

Actually, it left you with a deficit of a lot more than 700.

You need to take the deficit from your TDEE, not your BMR.
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    1,500. I usually eat anywhere between 1,300 - 1,700 a day.
  • crystalrose1234
    Options
    im personally aiming to consume a little over a thousand calories a day right now im seriously burning off more then i can consume in a day
  • Kendrazombie
    Kendrazombie Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    The most I'm ever under is about 30 calories. I don't always eat back exercise calories but when I do I sometimes eat as much at 1900 calories. It just depends on my hunger level for the day.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Normally I eat between 1900-2100 a day, but am presently eating 1700 just for a couple of weeks post Christmas.

I preplan all of my meals so I am always pretty much spot on, give or take a calorie
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and ~150lbs. MFP has me at 1200. I stay just under that, and try to eat back my exercise calories.
  • supergirlpw
    supergirlpw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1200....which means I need to get some kind of cardiovascular workout most days to get the extra calories or I'll eat my own hands...
  • R0asted
    R0asted Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My goal is 3300-3500 and yes, I loose weight eating that much.
  • erinpooh
    Options
    I burn 1000+ calories first thing in the morning, and aim to consume about 1800 or so every day. I sometimes go over with my eating and travel for work makes consumption unpredictable. No idea if this is ideal but it's what I do and it seems to be working.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Question: Am i eating too little? (1200)
    Answer: Yes, unless you are exceptionally short and thin and inactive.

suggestion. If MFP set you at 1200, then it is best to exercise for a larger allowance of calories and eat them back)
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    1500, which allows me to eat back some of my exercise calories, but not very many of them!