can't stand this anymore

Options

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. This is a great place with great people where you can find great information. (Did I say Great?)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Just do it! You can. This site is awesome.
  • AllenWins
    Options
    I know the feeling. I hope this third time is the charm.
  • mrook2009
    mrook2009 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I joined this site and I've done pretty good so far. I still have a long journey ahead of me, but w/o this site, I think I would still be where I was before I started. There are a lot of great friends on here and tracking your intake is so easy because there are so many food choices in the database. Anybody can feel free to add me if they want. I'm always open to new friends! :)
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm with Ya !
    New Year .. New Lifestyle ..
    I really hope to get in shape as well as lose weight ..
    :drinker:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me, I've always been good for motivation and a little advise. Good luck!!
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    You've joined the right site! Welcome aboard, you can do it!
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Congrats for getting motivated and getting here! I would urge you to think of this as a health/fitness site and not just a weight loss website... this journey is about more than just the scale.. at least I have found it to be more. Good Luck and go get em!

Yep! Agree with all of this!
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Good luck and I totally understand where you are coming from.
    Feel free to add me :smile:
  • FitnessWithaTwist
    Options
    Hey i've been on here for a few months now. I'm in a cutting phase at the moment. Want to lose as much fat as i can in the next two months of my 3 month phase. If you want to build muscle nd strength and just starting out with it like i am then feel free add me! Also check out my Youtube Channel @ 420afterfitness..no joke if your down subscribe! Just made a vid about Myfitnesspal

-Dave
  • portergolf
    Options
    So I've never joined a weightloss website before but I've gotten to the point that I can't stand my body anymore and I'm bound and determined to drop my extra 67 lb. Wish me luck (and long term motivation)!

Good luck! Set your self some milestones, both long term and short term so you can knock out some victories and keep the momentum going.

Sample milestones:
    Lose 1lb
    Walk/jog for "x" mins or "x" distance
    Exercise for "x" days in a row
    Fit into an old pair of jeans
    Go down one belt loop hole (one of my favs)
    Complete a cardio exercise for "x" minutes without stopping
    Lose 5 pounds
    Lose 10 pounds
    Lose 20 pounds
    Lose "x" pounds etc
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    So I've never joined a weightloss website before but I've gotten to the point that I can't stand my body anymore and I'm bound and determined to drop my extra 67 lb. Wish me luck (and long term motivation)!

My two pieces of advice:

1 - While I do wish you luck you're results are going to depend more on determination and probably the desire to re-educate yourself about things you thought you knew . . . starting with Dr. Oz is an idiot and if you saw it on his tv show you should probably do the exact opposite.

2 - weight loss goals are nice, but health and fitness goals are better. For example, "I'm going to eat less" is pretty broad and not as goal oriented as "I'm going to try to hit w net calories including x% protein, y% carbohydrates, and z% fats" (you can customize this in your diary settings). Additionally, I'm going to increase my gross calorie consumption by burning at least x number of calories per day doing some activity, or I'm going to start a program (like couch to 5 K) that has a schedule or routine that you need to stick to. You are changing your habits, so the more specific you make your milestones the easier they are to accomplish successfully.
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, I'm with you! I sent an invite if you'd like to be buddies.
  • jkk8738
    Options
    Weight Watchers has a join free promotion going on right now. I was a member in the past but the meetings were a pain. They have online support now. I turned 40 this year and have decided no program will do it for me. I need to make serious lifestyle changes or miss my kids growing up. Not to mention future grandkids. Find ANYTHING that works for you and stick with it. WW is a sound program but not for everyone! Good Luck!!!
  • Juliechilli
    Juliechilli Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me everyone! I can use all the support I can get and I will do the same for you!:smile:
  • joeysgirl10
    joeysgirl10 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! The online program is just like this one except it costs $60 for 3 months.
  • fitasaferret
    Options
    With lots of schemes you can loose weight quickly, and expensively, remember it took along time to put on, in my case 3 stone in 2 years and can take a long time to get off and STAY off.
    I have brought weights and an exersize bike all sitting in the corner, even new trainers, but they hurt my feet I need help I need some buddies to ask the awkward questions like why no exercise today!!!
  • tlo5
    tlo5 Posts: 16
    Options
    DON'T get discouraged! You can do it!!! EAT right, and train well. You'll be amazed how the weight falls off.
  • magicherry
    magicherry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Such a familiar tale!
    Yes, the support, tools and framework for eating right and living healthy is all free right here with MFP!

WW is $40/month on the monthly pass. It's not that bad, but really what you're getting out if it is access to their e-tools (similar to this), a weekly weigh in (which you can do on your own with a reliable scale), validation, and support (can get it online too). I really do like WW and feel it's a good program, but I also think that if you're watching your food intake through the balance of the protein/fat/carbs/calories that you're doing the same thing.

I'm the same way as all of you! I've been bouncing back and forth for years and years. I've been on WW more times than I can count on one hand. I've done all of it. I need to "move more" and get more exercise and stop finding excuses. I'm doing better with the eating but think it kinda goes hand in hand. I need to lose about 80 pounds and it's overwhelming!!
  • 2ndStar
    Options
    Welcome! You are using the same words that brought me back yesterday! I lost 8 pounds (wanted to lose 15) using this site along with regular gym attendance with a great friend. M.F.P will help you see what you are doing that is or isn't allowing the weight to drop off. The biggest eye opener for me was being totally honest with myself while writing down every single item that I would eat or drink no matter how tiny it was. I am back after gaining 5 pounds of the 8 I lost, I attend the gym on a regular basis but when I am not logging in my food I have noticed that I have an attitude of "it doesn't matter" that is until the weight comes back and I can't stand it any longer.
    Good luck to you and everyone on this site.
    Encouragement is a great tool!