Big Booty Judy's

Options
Ok so I know that I have a LOT of weight to lose, But seriously I think that there is atleast 50lbs just in my butt. . Do any of you have the same problem. I mean maybe when I am skinny it will be more proportionate, but right now I cant even drop a dress size although my pants are huge in my stomach .. because my butt is so big...

I dont know if i am the only one like that.

What are some suggestions, or workouts that maybe you can encourage me to do :D

Replies

• Pammy820
    Pammy820 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    oh I am there with you....please someone give us some answers!!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    There is nothing you can do to specifically lose fat off your rear. You are just genetically programmed to carry your extra weight there. The only thing to do is to keep losing weight and eventually, it will get smaller. That will probably be the last place you lose though.

Armed with that knowledge - be patient and don't give up!
  • Squatbenchrepeat
    Options
    Of course you cant spot reduce, so lift some weights. Burn your body fat and also try some low intensity cardio. Running is a great workout for you lower parts.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I came to this post title like a moth to a flame.

That being said, I too have a huge *kitten*. My pants size is always two sizes bigger than my dress size (though my big *kitten* hips are a factor there), and anytime I DO wear a dress/skirt, the hem in the back ends up rising like two inches...

That being said: girl, embrace it. If you feel it's mostly fat, SQUAT, LUNGE, DEADLIFT. Lift heavy weights to help get it firmed and strong. I've done that... and while inches have come off all over, my butt is still something to reckon with. Our bodies are our bodies!
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Ok so I know that I have a LOT of weight to lose, But seriously I think that there is atleast 50lbs just in my butt. . Do any of you have the same problem. I mean maybe when I am skinny it will be more proportionate, but right now I cant even drop a dress size although my pants are huge in my stomach .. because my butt is so big...

I dont know if i am the only one like that.

What are some suggestions, or workouts that maybe you can encourage me to do :D

I have the exact same issue. But I happen to like my booty and i'm hoping not to lose it. Highly doubt I will because this thing just follows me around!

Squats though will make it higher, not sure about smaller, but weight loss might just bring that on.

Good luck!
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    I know I cant spot reduce.. and what types of weight lifting do you suggest. I have a total gym that i use every day. I do squats on it, as well as resistance with it. Is there something in particular that you may suggest that may focus on toning the leg and rear area. I do cardio, but then again, i know i am overweight, and i know that it will take a while. Im just trying to get suggestions on what i may do better ..
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This is the best analogy I have read regarding belly/hip/butt fat in everyone. It's a bit long, but worth the read IMO.

Most people are a bit confused when it comes to losing belly fat. They think the fat around the belly is somehow different, and is therefore harder to lose, but they are wrong. Fat is fat, period. Think of it this way: Imagine a small town in a pretty country setting after a rain storm. The rain ends and the entire town is now wet with a thin layer of water that covers the entire landscape. Water has also pooled in the form of puddles large and small. Also, the town’s pond swells to accommodate newly deposited rainwater.

Eventually, the sun appears, and the water begins to evaporate. ALL the water is actually evaporating at the SAME RATE. It doesn’t seem that way because the ground dries quickly and becomes dry, and it takes longer for the small puddles to be gone. The much larger puddles are slowly shrinking, taking 1-2 days to completely dry-up.

However, to the naked eye, the pond across street hasn’t changed at all. Truth is, the water in the pond is also evaporating at the same rate as the other water. It’s just harder to recognize because it is much more plentiful than the thin layer of water that covered the streets, or the small puddles scattered throughout the town.

Body fat is a lot like the water. A thin layer accumulates underneath our skin over most of our bodies, just like the wet town. It’s called “subcutaneous-fat”. We also store it in larger quantities around the body, often called “fat depots.” This tends to be in the hips, butt, and thighs on women, and the frontal-belly, lower,, and upper-back on men. These are the body’s “Puddles and Ponds.”

As we lose fat from exercise or reduced calorie eating, the fat loss in our body is like the town’s evaporating water. The thin layer of fat on our upper chest area, neck-line, and the backs of our hands tend to show the first signs of disappearing fat. It’s because those areas tend to have lesser fat deposits than other parts of the body. Be assured, the body is losing fat over its’ entire landscape. It’s just that the belly is like a pond. Unfortunately, although our belly fat is disappearing, it’s not until we lose a significant amount that we really notice it. The same as not noticing the pond losing water until we actually see the shore-line receding.

So, if you are exercising (and eating) to lose fat, you’ll initially notice results only in some areas of your body, and not others. Stay the course. Your belly or butt is NOT being stubborn at all; it’s losing fat as fast as the rest of your body. It just seems like a slow poke because it’s a “pond”, not a “wet street” or a “puddle”. Additional Ab exercises WILL NOT help you lose belly-fat any faster. You cannot spot-reduce your body fat stores around your waist by exercising that area.

Remember, our bodies’ burns fat like the sun evaporates water on the town. Yes, a little at a time, but, ALL at the same time.
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    WOW i like this .. Thanks

This is the best analogy I have read regarding belly/hip/butt fat in everyone. It's a bit long, but worth the read IMO.

Most people are a bit confused when it comes to losing belly fat. They think the fat around the belly is somehow different, and is therefore harder to lose, but they are wrong. Fat is fat, period. Think of it this way: Imagine a small town in a pretty country setting after a rain storm. The rain ends and the entire town is now wet with a thin layer of water that covers the entire landscape. Water has also pooled in the form of puddles large and small. Also, the town’s pond swells to accommodate newly deposited rainwater.

Eventually, the sun appears, and the water begins to evaporate. ALL the water is actually evaporating at the SAME RATE. It doesn’t seem that way because the ground dries quickly and becomes dry, and it takes longer for the small puddles to be gone. The much larger puddles are slowly shrinking, taking 1-2 days to completely dry-up.

However, to the naked eye, the pond across street hasn’t changed at all. Truth is, the water in the pond is also evaporating at the same rate as the other water. It’s just harder to recognize because it is much more plentiful than the thin layer of water that covered the streets, or the small puddles scattered throughout the town.

Body fat is a lot like the water. A thin layer accumulates underneath our skin over most of our bodies, just like the wet town. It’s called “subcutaneous-fat”. We also store it in larger quantities around the body, often called “fat depots.” This tends to be in the hips, butt, and thighs on women, and the frontal-belly, lower,, and upper-back on men. These are the body’s “Puddles and Ponds.”

As we lose fat from exercise or reduced calorie eating, the fat loss in our body is like the town’s evaporating water. The thin layer of fat on our upper chest area, neck-line, and the backs of our hands tend to show the first signs of disappearing fat. It’s because those areas tend to have lesser fat deposits than other parts of the body. Be assured, the body is losing fat over its’ entire landscape. It’s just that the belly is like a pond. Unfortunately, although our belly fat is disappearing, it’s not until we lose a significant amount that we really notice it. The same as not noticing the pond losing water until we actually see the shore-line receding.

So, if you are exercising (and eating) to lose fat, you’ll initially notice results only in some areas of your body, and not others. Stay the course. Your belly or butt is NOT being stubborn at all; it’s losing fat as fast as the rest of your body. It just seems like a slow poke because it’s a “pond”, not a “wet street” or a “puddle”. Additional Ab exercises WILL NOT help you lose belly-fat any faster. You cannot spot-reduce your body fat stores around your waist by exercising that area.

Remember, our bodies’ burns fat like the sun evaporates water on the town. Yes, a little at a time, but, ALL at the same time.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I know I cant spot reduce.. and what types of weight lifting do you suggest. I have a total gym that i use every day. I do squats on it, as well as resistance with it. Is there something in particular that you may suggest that may focus on toning the leg and rear area. I do cardio, but then again, i know i am overweight, and i know that it will take a while. Im just trying to get suggestions on what i may do better ..

Ok, reread what you wrote. You know you can't spot reduce - and yet you ask for help to "tone the area". Honey, it just doesn't work like that.

Your best bet would be to do a compound lifting program (squats, deadlifts, bench press, rows, over head press, etc) that will help you lose body fat all over. Strength training is great, and you can do cardio if you want as well. That's how you're going to get a smaller butt. There is no specific exercise that is going to help you. Keep losing weight, keep working on it. Be patient and give it time.
  • Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I have the exact same issue. But I happen to like my booty and i'm hoping not to lose it. Highly doubt I will because this thing just follows me around!

Squats though will make it higher, not sure about smaller, but weight loss might just bring that on.

Good luck!
    [/quote]

Love this! Agreed. Weight loss will help but curves are still a good thing! Embrace it as something that makes you different and shake it! :) (Then go to the gym to lift it up and turn it to muscle.)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Ok, reread what you wrote. You know you can't spot reduce - and yet you ask for help to "tone the area". Honey, it just doesn't work like that.

Your best bet would be to do a compound lifting program (squats, deadlifts, bench press, rows, over head press, etc) that will help you lose body fat all over. Strength training is great, and you can do cardio if you want as well. That's how you're going to get a smaller butt. There is no specific exercise that is going to help you. Keep losing weight, keep working on it. Be patient and give it time.

^ Yup, what she said. The good thing about strength training and you, OP, is that the areas you're concerned about happen to be some of the largest muscle groups in the body. I think you'll be surprised at how quickly you can feel and see a difference once you start lifting heavy.
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    I feel like all of my weight is in my hips, booty and thighs. I know you can't spot reduce, but my plan is to do lots of walking and squats!
  • bootsandfros
    bootsandfros Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    try running. it's a great lower body workout. i have big hips and thighs but when i start to run that area shrinks almost immediately.
  • sarahmichelle91xx
    sarahmichelle91xx Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I carry the weight on my butt and chest
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    <3 big butts
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Im the same...I carry a lot of my weight in my behind. I am sure if I had a smalled butt I would be 20 pounds lighter! Ha!

I would suggest doing squats, lunges, and running. I myself am working on this too...so any suggestions would help!
  • TheCurvyGamble
    TheCurvyGamble Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I say embrace being a big booty judy! I do! I have had a big butt my whole life even when i was at 115 lbs! I have always been known for my butt. I have decided i really dont want to lose mine i want to tone it and give it a big lift! Gonna rock the booty girl!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty big booty..even when I was skinny.. I noticed before I started losing weight that my butt got flat..it was big and flat but now that I started doing squats with dumbells and using the that big balls for butt lifts my booty looks the best it has in years..it is round again..

I am sure I will lose some of it as I lose more weight but now it will have a better shape.