How many calories are you aiming to eat a day?

Options

Replies

• AllenWins
    Options
    I've set for 1 lb loss per week, and that puts me around 1900. I will try to net right around that number every day, and make adjustments after a couple weeks if that's not working well.
  • Mloveb913
    Mloveb913 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be eating 1220, sometimes I eat half f what I exercise , sometimes I don't, it just depends on the day..:happy:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
  • lilteeraw
    lilteeraw Posts: 261
    Options
    MFP goal is 1300, but I am always over because I burn approx 600 calories from exercise everyday.
    so I will usually eat half back ending at 1600. sometimes ill go over and eat lik 1800-2000.
    and sometimes i will eat my goal of 1300. depends.
    im also 5'3 and 111 lbs.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    My TDEE (known from actual experience in upping calories) is 2850 to 2900 calories to maintain weight and body composition while lifting 5 days a week with no cardio. With only about 8 more lbs to lose, I am eating between 2500 to 2600 to establish a small deficit appropriate for the amount of fat mass I have and adhering to the same exercise regimen.
  • ChristaToTheMax
    ChristaToTheMax Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    After reading through these replies, I have changed my goals! I had never heard of BMR or used a activity calculator before. Interesting stuff. My new goal is 1200 calories a day!
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    Lately is a bad example because during the last bit of December I was way over and this past week I have been under but I have it set for 1700. Typically prior to mid December I was eating 1400-2000 calories a day and averaging around to my 1700 most weeks... some weeks more some weeks less.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    1800 cal a day

exercise.png
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I aim for a MINIMUM of 1200 and that is if I've had no exercise. However, I love food so I work out to have more calories and enjoy every extra bite. I don't usually eat all of my exercise calories though.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    1,500. I usually eat anywhere between 1,300 - 1,700 a day.

This
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    1500-1700... My nutritionist advised me not to go under 1500, since I'm a recovering bulimic (binge eater). I think a lot of other people dealing with BED/COE are in the wrong to aim for 1200. Yes, it will help you lose weight.. But it's not good for breaking away from the binging. The best way to help keep from over-eating is to eat a little more. It sucks and is frustrating (since you won't lose weight as quickly), but it's DEFINITELY the best route. It's helped me with my binging sooo much.
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    The reason I am oversight is because i used to drink alcohol and eat crisps - but i have stopped that
    According to MFP My BMR is 1600 but I think this is too high as if i were on the old Weightwatchers system I would only be allowed 17 point which is just about the minimum . I eat 1100 cals a day - i struggle to eat that many as i don't like food
    I excercise and I usually eat those in un-neccessary snacks
    I feel I am missing something !! :(
  • Hoop4la
    Hoop4la Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and ~150lbs. MFP has me at 1200. I stay just under that, and try to eat back my exercise calories.

I am 5 ft 3 and 160 lbs and MFP put me at 1600 !! see i knew i was missing something
    can someone help me please ?
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I eat between 2000 to 2100 calories a day (target range). I am usually under it. I eat 500 at breakfast, 500 at lunch, and the rest at dinner. I go to the gym to burn 200-300 calories (4-5 times a week).
  • jenniferhaddad
    Options
    Can someone give me some guidance on how many calories i need?? I typically eat between 1350-1600, some days higher (1700-1800) and some days lower (rare in the 1200 range) but that really depends on my activity level for the day and how many hours I am awake. I workout 4-6x a week, i workout hard and do a variety of different workouts. usually 1-2x a week I do 2-a-days. I am 5'2'' and currently fluctuating between 125-128lbs, I'd like to lose a few more but am mainly concentrating on lowering my body fat percentage, and of course building lean muscle. Help please!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Am i eating too little? I try and eat 1200 a day but am usually a little under

yes you are...read this, you'll thank me later http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Sla6adm
    Sla6adm Posts: 31
    Options
    I am 5ft 1 and eat about 1300 calories. I'm supposed to eat less than that to lose weight, but it's just not possible to do that and get all my nutrients in a way that is still quick and convenient. I am losing weight though, and am now about 7 3/4 stone. x
  • WadeLam
    WadeLam Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I usually consume between 1,400-1,600 calories per day. Once I start an exercise program, my calorie consumption will increase by however many calories I burn during workouts.
  • rebelchief
    rebelchief Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I eat a little under 1200 if I don't exercize.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    2500 calories... Do I eat under that, no.. why would I want to do that.. I enjoy food and I see it as fuel, not as a scary monster.