Hi all!

Options
My name is Candice. I am married with three children. I am a teacher (5th grade currently). I really need help in this weight loss journey. Any and all friends/support would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Replies

• stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm also a newbie here.

First up, thank you for choosing to become a teacher. It's an incredible profession, and one that can't be rewarded or lauded highly enough, if you ask me. I have a six year old daughter, and I can see what a positive influence her teachers have been in her life. My wife's parents are also both teachers. So keep up the good work and know that you and your colleagues are appreciated!

I've had a modicum of success with my weight loss approach thus far, so if you are looking for a starting point, check out my introduction post where I've laid it out. And feel free to add me as a friend, though at this point I'm not sure how much time I'll be spending on the forums. My wife also uses MFP so I'll be dragging her into the forums sometime soon also, so look out for her - Prematuremango.
  • candicejane77
    candicejane77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement in both my profession and my weight loss goal. I love my job am blessed to work with some of the greatest kids in the world.
    I just logged on here today and am looking forward to learning.
    I have had success with weight loss in the past as I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers...and there is the problem. I find once you've reached this status then there isn't a lot of support for. Over the past 10 years (after having each if my first two children) I lost a combined total of 100 lbs with that program but I need something new now.
    Again, thanks.