Doing this alone is boring

Options

Replies

• Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Could use a few friends. This will be my third time starting over. I need to make the change the right way this time!

I'm curious, but what went wrong the first two times? Was it a lack of MFP friends?

Its posts like this that show how concerned and supportive Jof is to others. You should add him as a friend, you will not be sorry!
  • minibee12
    Options
    I felt the same way you did and in the short time that I've added friends, it has made a world of difference.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    you are welcome to add me
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I live alone so I have absolutely no one to answer to. I find that this place gives me the accountability I need to stay focused. That and I got tired of having to roll from my back to my stomach to get off the towel at the beach/pool.
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Me too, it's easier when you have others to bounce ideas and stuff off of. Anyone feel free to add me if you want.
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Agreed! It's way more fun to connect with people going through the same thing. Feel free to add, though you've gotten tons of support from your post. :) Happy New Year!
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    You are right it is boring without the frineds. Please feel free to add me.
  • fullofhope76
    Options
    I have started over and over again too. I am so sick of it! Feel free to add me, maybe we can help each other!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Yes it is ! Choose wisely:smile:

exercise.png
  • AllenWins
    Options
    Could use a few friends. This will be my third time starting over. I need to make the change the right way this time!

I'm curious, but what went wrong the first two times? Was it a lack of MFP friends?

It wasn't so much lack of friends really. It was just real easy to not log in if I didn't feel like it; it's not like anyone would notice. I realize I was also too restrictive on myself when I was doing well, and too down on myself whenever I perceived imperfection. I made it harder on myself then it had to be. This time I'm trying to take it slower and try to have fun with it.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome back. My name is Alicia and I have lost 32lbs got another 70lbs to go, unfortunately I put 4lbs on over Christmas but will be back on track. This is a great site for help and support, I am very lucky to have some great MFP friends. If you want to add me feel free, if not good luck on your journey :bigsmile:
  • sianll
    sianll Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good luck t ous all! I need more folks to keep up with as well
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    Friend request sent! I am certainly open for all the support i can give/get. This battle is way easier with help. Everyone can add me if they want!
  • kmburne
    kmburne Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi Kassie here,

I am just starting it has been three days and I am getting the hang of it. I can sure use more friends. Go ahead and add me.
  • Dark_Horse
    Options
    Add me as well. That goes for anybody. I am on daily.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

It wasn't so much lack of friends really. It was just real easy to not log in if I didn't feel like it; it's not like anyone would notice. I realize I was also too restrictive on myself when I was doing well, and too down on myself whenever I perceived imperfection. I made it harder on myself then it had to be. This time I'm trying to take it slower and try to have fun with it.

It certainly sounds like you're taking the right mindset into it this time. Just remember, at the end of the day, whether you have one MFP friend or a thousand, ultimately only one person can make the necessary changes to achieve your goals. Just consistently do what you know needs to be done and enjoy the inevitable benefits.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Do you need any Bengal fans for friends? I'm one !
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    Don't do it alone.....Anyone can add me! The more people, the more support :-)
  • LETTYMAGANA
    LETTYMAGANA Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think i have done the same. Once i start doing well i slack off and little by little i increase my calorie count and start feeling the clothes get more and more uncomfortable. i have check out my Calorie count of the past days i did not log and found myself to jump up to at least 1000.00 calories more a day and this is with me still trying to maintain some control and i think i am doing pretty good. When i just let go and have no restriction on what i eat and no logging my calorie count can easily be jump up to 2400. calories more than what i am suppose to do to loose weight. I track this logging after a day or two of being out of control out of curiosity of what my calorie count is when i behave this way. That usually helps me to want to come back to logging and not be hard on myself when i go over 100 or even 200 calories on my bad days.

Logging is a big key when you know these things about yourself. Now i just got work on keeping up my logging when i am doing well and try something new. My new is writing and reaching out. this is very tough for me but maybe this is what i need.

good luck. You can add me as a friend. Honestly i don't know how these things work, i am embarrassed.
  • Danielle817
    Danielle817 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! Anybody can add me, I need all the support I can get!