Trying to find my health and happiness before it is too late

Options
Hello There,

My name is Sheila, and I am a Nurse Practitioner with a wealth of knowledge and experience, but little will power. As I get older and the diagnoses and medications multiply, I am seeing that will power could extend my life. I have been a life long weight watcher, and have lost and found the same 35 pounds at least 3 times. I am ready to shed the pounds and make a life style change for my health. I am here for support and to offer encouragement to anyone who needs an ear, or a shoulder. Look forward to meeting new friends, who can relate to my struggles.:smile:

Replies

• debramariemary
    debramariemary Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I joined today. I think I have happiness and my health is good as long as I eat about 8 Rx a day... I don't believe I'll find a way off of the drugs, but I may prolong my life if I eat better and exercise. It's the same for everyone except when we get older it all becomes very real, at least for me. Good luck to you. I've also got a 25 lb -30 goal. Right now, I'd like to start with a 10 lb weight loss and hope that motivates me to keep going.

Deb
  • skszalai
    Options
    Debra,

Hang in there, I have been doing this a little over 2 weeks now, and the weight is finally starting to slowly disappear. I am exercising twice a day, for approximately 45 minutes at a time. I have never done that before, but the longer I do it the easier it is becoming; especially because I am starting to feel a change in how my cloths fit. I have introduced my sister and friends in the neighborhood to My Fitness Pal, and all of us seem to be getting into this fitness thing. It is much more fun when you have people to do it with, and I seem to be much more accountable if other people are expecting me to do something. There are several times in the past week, where if I didn't have others expecting me to come walk, I know I would have made an excuse to pass. Friendships grow stronger when you struggle together and support each other. In the end, all of us will feel and look better, and hopefully improve out health.

Hang in there,
    Sheila :flowerforyou:
  • kvg1210
    kvg1210 Posts: 35
    Options
    you're in the right place - everyone seems really lovely and give great support - you can do it - am only on day 3 myself and have a long way to go but add me as a friend if you like - the more the merrier