30 day shred ugh please help

Options
i just started today 01/03/12 i weigh 137 at 5'4 and i wanna get to 130.... i just had my baby boy 10/13/2012 he was 8lbs 5oz 21 inches and i gained 35lbs... i just did the jillian michaels 30 day shred and i am soo out of shape!!!! Admittedly had to stop for a few min and rewind again to catch up.... please tell me it gets better :-( i am already frustrated with myself for being out of shape. Also has anyone done it the best they could and stil got results???

Replies

• lemsiptoothpick
    lemsiptoothpick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, it gets better! You see results really quickly too. I have done it a couple of times, and the first 2 or 3 days KILL, but after that, you will find it much easier. Keep going through the pain, it's worth it!

I'm on day 2. I hurt :)
  • marduffson
    Options
    I know the feeling! I gained that much after my little one too and was super frustrated with how out of shape I was. But, remember, you body was building another human being so, be patient. That is no small task and takes time to get back to where it was. It does get better. Keep at it!
  • lemsiptoothpick
    lemsiptoothpick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If it's any consolation, my "baby" was 6 in September, and I still look like I'm pregnant.....
  • Hikergirl85
    Options
    thank you guys ill update this thred tomorrow for day 2
  • danner13
    danner13 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hated 30DS when I first started it, but now I love it! It's a great workout that you can squeeze in if you don't have a lot of time. I say stick with it, it will get easier and you will start feeling stronger. Do the easier movements in the beginning and don't move up a level until you are comfortable. If you have to do level 1 for 30 days instead of 10, so be it. Good luck!!
  • vhaynes83
    vhaynes83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5. it does get better. I was so out of breath the first day but now It is a lot easier. Just stick to it and you will see :)
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    aww congratulations :) just remember youve just given birth not long ago .. easy does it ........
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    The Shred is a hate/love program. It kills, but its a great workout. As long as you do what you can and eat clean you will see results. Keep pushing! :-)
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I did Day 2 of Level 1 today!!! Ow! My abs and shoulders hurt! So much that the pushups seem impossible!! But the results I've seen from other people are so amazing!!! I'm sticking with it!!!
  • Nanook8
    Nanook8 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Definitely gets better and you do see results. I don't tend to do it everyday consecutively as probably should be done, but it is a great way to workout without a lot of time when you need to do that. When I did it several years ago, I never got above level 2 but again, still saw results. So just stick with it at the lower intensity level and only move up if you are not being challenged by level 1. Good luck!
  • eljmotivated
    eljmotivated Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It gets better. As long as you do it consistently. Missing days makes it feel like you're starting all over again! But it is a great feeling when you can see yourself improve and getting easier! There's no shame in having to take a break for a second. At first I needed to pause the DVD so I could take a water break after practically every exercise! Just stick with it. I love Jillian's workouts. I have almost every single one now! And Bob! He's killer too!!!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Wait until you reach level 2...OWWW
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    When you get to about day 6 or 7 it starts feeling a LOT easier. You'll be amazed at how much your strength and stamina increase throughout the 30 days. It's designed for beginners, don't worry. Everyone feels like that at first. Persevere with it and you'll see amazing results, I did :)

Edit: I forgot to mention, DO IT EVERY SINGLE DAY. If you miss a day, you will regret it the next day, believe me. It's like you're starting all over again, like the user above said. Don't make an excuse as to why you can't do it one day, just do it!
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    1. Congratulations on the baby
    2. 35lb gain pregnant isn't bad - pretty good actually
    3. My sister started doing that dvd when she weighed 230lbs ..... you can do it ;)
  • kodi1982
    Options
    I completed my first day One, level one 2 days ago and I still cant walk properly. My calves are so damn sore.
  • coolonedee
    coolonedee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It totally gets better...promise, promise!! Don't give up, in a few weeks you will see results and be glad you cont. on :love:

Promise!!
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    If it's any consolation, my "baby" was 6 in September, and I still look like I'm pregnant.....

^^^This. Sadly.

It does get better though. About day 4 or 5 you will no longer feel like you're going to hurl your diaphragm. Hang in there!
  • sarahmarc
    sarahmarc Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I just look at it as 20 minutes of per hell and then it's over;)
  • Lacey_Cakes
    Lacey_Cakes Posts: 223 Member
    Options

hahaha my baby was 4th of July and I still look 6 months preggo. Gained 80 lbs with her
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!