I HATE My Arms!

Options
There is nothing more frustrating than your biggest problem areas. No matter what I do my arms don't seem to change. Any tips??

Replies

• KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Weights weights weights. Weight lifting will build muscles that will hopefully fill out any nagging loose spaces. Arms are particularly annoying, I agree with you on that one! Google exercises for triceps. You can do tricep extensions with dumbbells, tricep dips with a chair, push-ups with your elbows close to your body, etc. Good luck!
  • rodeogal1985
    Options
    Mine are gross! The only things that have made a dent for me is 30 Day Shred, and tricep dips (on the couch, etc). They seem to show the most amount of definition in the least amount of time. Good luck!
  • prokomds
    prokomds Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    As you probably already know, there's absolutely nothing you can do about the fat on your arms, except continue exercising and wait for it to come off in its own time. You burn fat from all over your body, not necessarily from the area you're exercising

I think the slightly better news is that lifting weights with your arms (real weights that push you to your limits, not little 2 or 3 pound handweights) will help develop muscle in your arms and make them look better proportioned. I did weight machines at the gym for awhile, and it was a little disheartening that I had to start out on the lightest possible settings for most of the upper body exercises, but I've improved since then and I definitely have muscle definition that I did not have 6 months ago. Give it time and hard work, you'll be alright. Good luck! :)
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I hated mine too until I did P90X. Started out at 14in...now at 10.4 in...
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I hate mine too!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Ya! Me and my sister joke. Big People with Big Arms! We laughed about it on christmas eve while we ate BUT really inside, we hate our arms so much and can barely handle it! Woman should not have big arms period! Nice thin, toned arms are the best. Not friggen chicken flap arms. My god!
  • cnash1303
    Options
    Yoga
  • AniyahsMommy324
    AniyahsMommy324 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same not! I'm only in day 3 of the 30 day shred, but I can already notice a difference, and I had good results with this before too :)